Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA On Business vs Business Extra

• roger 232 posts

Does anyone know the difference between the two.
    I have BA OnBusiness Account but in MMB page I only see link to add Business Extra account number instead of BA On Business.

meta 1,441 posts

Business Extra is for American Airlines cash bookings on BA flights.

If OnBusiness doesn’t show in MMB, then the fare isn’t eligible, i.e. booked via BA Holidays, with another non-participating airline, some travel agent bookings, group rates, etc.

If you still think that you’re eligible, you can contact OnBusiness team or wait after the flight and submit a claim.

roger 232 posts

It should be eligible since it was PE cash booking (T class) directly on BA.COM.
    I did manage to enter BA On Business number while booking but seems to have vanished now from MMB.

Immediately afterwards I then manage to Upgrade flight from PE to CW using Avios (plus cash – guess for extra fees/taxes). Now it only shows a link to enter Business extra but not BA On Business number as expected.

I know since upgrading a lot of details were changed. For example, the meal preferences set while on PE booking were gone once the flights were upgraded to CW (U Class). So I had to re-select my meals, in addition to seat booking of course due to different cabin.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    meta 1,441 posts

You upgraded with Avios, the system now recognises it as Avios booking, so no points. You’ll need to either retroclaim or it will be automatic if you entered during booking.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.