BA On Business vs Business Extra
25th June 2022 at 09:15roger
Does anyone know the difference between the two.
I have BA OnBusiness Account but in MMB page I only see link to add Business Extra account number instead of BA On Business.25th June 2022 at 09:39meta
Business Extra is for American Airlines cash bookings on BA flights.
If OnBusiness doesn’t show in MMB, then the fare isn’t eligible, i.e. booked via BA Holidays, with another non-participating airline, some travel agent bookings, group rates, etc.
If you still think that you’re eligible, you can contact OnBusiness team or wait after the flight and submit a claim.25th June 2022 at 10:30roger
It should be eligible since it was PE cash booking (T class) directly on BA.COM.
I did manage to enter BA On Business number while booking but seems to have vanished now from MMB.
Immediately afterwards I then manage to Upgrade flight from PE to CW using Avios (plus cash – guess for extra fees/taxes). Now it only shows a link to enter Business extra but not BA On Business number as expected.
I know since upgrading a lot of details were changed. For example, the meal preferences set while on PE booking were gone once the flights were upgraded to CW (U Class). So I had to re-select my meals, in addition to seat booking of course due to different cabin.
25th June 2022 at 15:30meta
- This reply was modified 52 years, 7 months ago by .
You upgraded with Avios, the system now recognises it as Avios booking, so no points. You’ll need to either retroclaim or it will be automatic if you entered during booking.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Smudgerman on Large purchase on Barclaycard Avios Plus
- RCHammer on ‘Earn 3,000 Virgin Points and get 12 bottles of wine for just £66’ offer
- SteveJ on Best SIM card for roaming internationally/US?
- JDB on Creation Financial Services bashing
- SteveJ on Chat thread – Tuesday 9th August
- bd95 on Virgin Voyages Master Thread
- Ori on Nectar auto convert competition
- Lady London on Creation Financial Services bashing
- Carlos on Chat thread – Tuesday 9th August
- nectar collector on Virgin Voyages Master Thread
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.