Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help BA San Jose flight cancelled Avios (route delayed)

• craig-berks 6 posts

Hi,

So on Monday we got an email saying our flight from LHR to SJC was cancelled and here is our alternative offer. Which could be worse, SFO. We wanted to see what other options were open to us via manage our booking but the only option you can do yourself is change date which is no help to a route that is delayed months. The SFO flight is roughly the same time. The issue is due to car hire shortages in the US and the most expensive rates I have seen over 16 years, we can’t shift the car hire for the new flight as it more than doubles. There is a train option to get back on track or taxi of course. BA state if you agree to the new flight you will not be able to claim any expenses to get to your original destination. I can’t get through to the Exec club, multiple calls and they just cut me off. I rang the number on the email, but he is revenue tickets only. He did manage to give me live seat info as I would take the hit on the taxi to get BA285’s Club Suite on the AM flightm but only 1 seat left. I am not sure who got priority on that flight, it was downgraded from an A380 and maybe that was busy. They said you can’t change your flight for free more than 300 miles from the 1st airport? Is that true? Also, are they not required to help us reasonably get to our original arrival point? How long do I have to accept this second flight offer? The person on the revenue line didn’t know. Also, any tricks of how to get hold of the Exec line? I was on at 7.59am and pressed the options bang on 8am. Still didn’t help.

Thank you

meta 1,441 posts

Can you give us a bit more detail? BA cancelled the flight to San Jose and offered SFO as an alternative on the same date, same arrival time? How long is the delay? Seems BA is trying to trick you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.