Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BAEC shopping portal – tracked at lower value

• FearlessTraveller 54 posts

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a pair of Airpod Pro’s on Curry’s website using the BAEC shopping portal. The earning rate advertised was 1 avios per £1 spent (no rewards given on click and collect purchases or PS5 console and accessories)

This morning I got the notification that my avios are pending on the account, but the amount is lower than what it’s supposed to be (I’m supposed to get 249 avios, but I am only getting 204)

Is there any way I can get the to correct the amount?

freckles 156 posts

“Rewards are not calculated on postage/handling/delivery costs or associated purchase taxes (May include but not be limited to VAT etc)
    Using vouchers or offer codes could result in not collecting Avios or less Avios than the advertised rate)”

It’s usually the VAT on a lot of these deals I find.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,077 posts

249/120×100 = 207.5 excl vat

If there was also a couple of quid postage in the 249 that would then account for the 204 avios figure.

NigelHamilton 208 posts

I know it’s not covered much on this site, but I’ve found the BA shopping portal to be an invaluable way of earning extra avios (sometimes well into the ‘000s) on things I was buying anyway. I do find it’s extremely hit and miss as to whether you earn the advertised rate and whether the VAT inclusive or exclusive price is used for the points. I’ve had things go in my favour too, such as being credited 5,000 avios twice by one retailer for the same purchase. Beware also that some retailers either refuse to credit the avios or claw it back in the future for spurious/incorrect reasons (M&S and JD Sports are the two key offenders on my purchases). Others are excellent, Nike, John Lewis, Clarins. There’s some surprising retailers on there – I’ve noticed I’ve been failing to earn avios on Sainsburys deliveries for example, as didnt know they were a partner.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

If you’ve got Amex Gold, note that you can earn on Deliveroo via the eStore. Works for existing customers, not just new ones.

To dare is to do 131 posts

I know it’s not covered much on this site, but I’ve found the BA shopping portal to be an invaluable way of earning extra avios (sometimes well into the ‘000s) on things I was buying anyway. I do find it’s extremely hit and miss as to whether you earn the advertised rate and whether the VAT inclusive or exclusive price is used for the points. I’ve had things go in my favour too, such as being credited 5,000 avios twice by one retailer for the same purchase. Beware also that some retailers either refuse to credit the avios or claw it back in the future for spurious/incorrect reasons (M&S and JD Sports are the two key offenders on my purchases). Others are excellent, Nike, John Lewis, Clarins. There’s some surprising retailers on there – I’ve noticed I’ve been failing to earn avios on Sainsburys deliveries for example, as didnt know they were a partner.

You won’t earn points if you do shopping on Sainsbury’s app so make sure you open up an actual webpage thru browser.

26Left 7 posts

I know it’s not covered much on this site, but I’ve found the BA shopping portal to be an invaluable way of earning extra avios (sometimes well into the ‘000s) on things I was buying anyway

Totally agree. The rewards app now let’s you register your cards once and you automatically get credited Avios for spend with certain merchants – including in store – without needing a special link or quote your EC number. Search “British Airways Executive Club” on the App Store – it has Rewards in blue across the bottom of the icon.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.