Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard and Premier acts not linked / card app problems / no 100k email?

• slidey 285 posts

So many issues with this.

After creating a premier acct, I called them to be able to access the barclays app, at which point I found my card and banking accts were not linked. They said theyd fix that, but I can still find nothing to suggest theyre linked, is there way youre supposed to be able to see both accts in one of the apps or something?

Meanwhile, my barclaycard app then seemed to lose my existing card acct. I had to register the card on the app again, but now it has the picture of a platinum visa card (tho does say barclaycard avios plus at the top) but also no longer displays any details about avios earned etc? Is this isolated to me has anyone else had this?

And then just for extra fun, my welcome email to the bank acct only mentions the basics and 25k if I do a switch with no mention of the 100k points.

Am I correct in saying that the follow is all that is needed to get the 100k (problems with accts not linked not included..) –

1 Have an avios plus credit card
    2 Open a premier acct
    3 Set premier acct to ‘you have chosen barclays avios rewards’ in the app
    4 (maybe) do a bank acct switch

Theres nothing else, is there?

Reney 767 posts

I think 4 is a must not a maybe, but Rob will confirm for sure.

On the merge account point. You should be able to see your current account (CA) and credit card (CC) on the app. I did not and had to call to find out I had 2 customer profile, they took about 4 days to merge it. I can now see both BUT no email to confirm 100 avios bonus, so had to call again. Was told the merge was incomplete only at my end and not theirs, so another request to merge. They called me a few days later but I missed the call. I asked in chat what is the update, apparently I need to go into branch to update one particular piece of info before they can file for the merge again 😒. I won’t be able to do that until after the closing of the offer.

RebeccaLondon 43 posts

I had similar issues. Ring them again, sounds like they’ve still not linked the accounts in the back end. Just keep checking the app as it took three weeks and four long phone calls to sort mine. Was really painful.
    My accounts have been active for a month and only finally got the 100k points email today.

where2travel 7 posts

I was about to apply for the premier account but this thread has made me think again (especially as I am leaving it to the penultimate day before the offer expires).

Carlos 758 posts

Wrong thread. Ignore

BajiNahid 167 posts

I had the avios plus card and was using the barclaycard app for that one device. I now got premier banking and I downloaded the barclays app for registration for prem banking too on another device. Now i cannot access the barclaycard app and speaking to customer services, I was told that all products are moving to the barclays app and they are finishing up with the barclaycard app now.

So now, I have my barclays app running and can see my prem banking, but i cant see my barclaycard avious plus on the barclays app. Called up and the agent merged both accounts however now I still cant see the barclaycard on the app and the agent doesnt know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated. How do i get to see my avios plus card on the barclays app.

Dave1234 26 posts

I had the avios plus card and was using the barclaycard app for that one device. I now got premier banking and I downloaded the barclays app for registration for prem banking too on another device. Now i cannot access the barclaycard app and speaking to customer services, I was told that all products are moving to the barclays app and they are finishing up with the barclaycard app now.

So now, I have my barclays app running and can see my prem banking, but i cant see my barclaycard avious plus on the barclays app. Called up and the agent merged both accounts however now I still cant see the barclaycard on the app and the agent doesnt know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated. How do i get to see my avios plus card on the barclays app.

I think it normally takes a few days for the changes to appear in the app

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.