Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard app issues

• StuDobbo86 14 posts

Since my anniversary date I have not been able to see my Avios earned or my progress to target in the Barclaycard App. I click on the View Avios button and it just spins then does nothing. Anyone else having the same issues?

LizzieUK 4 posts

Yep, same for me since 1st March. Went through “live chat” with Barclays, just tried to educate me on using the app & logging out & back in … eventually agreed to report to their tech team. Im guessing they have disabled the link, while the work through what they are going to do with individual anniversaries & offering avios v the upgrade voucher.

RichMac19 5 posts

Same issue for me… seems to have started today and my anniversary date was yesterday

annette345 1 post

I have this problem as well since my anniversary date. I asked if the avios are still being tracked when i used the card and i managed to get this message from the online chat:

Thank you for sharing the information. As I checked this is an onging issue and some customers are facing this issue. I’ll log a request for this and the IT team will work on this. Also it will be tracked when you use the card. I hope this will help.

danstravel 31 posts

I am facing the same issue as well just after my anniversary year passed. Hoping that the spend is now contributing towards the the upgrade voucher for the new membership year.

RichMac19 5 posts

Morning all,

Following an app update on iOS last night by Barclaycard, I can now access the Avios button. Try updating the app and see if it’s working now ?

TerryTierPoints 72 posts

Barclays IT is so rubbish they have to shutdown when the clocks go forward 🤣
    I wish Starling did Avios.

George K 288 posts

£10k spending and anniversary progress bars are yet to return. I wonder if we’ll ever see them again.

DJP31 69 posts

Add me to the list of missing progress bar card holders.

hapshade 6 posts

I’m glad to learn it’s not just me missing the progress bar in the app. Barclays confirmed to me that my progress is still on the system, but they’ve yet to explain why it’s missing from the app.

indominus_rex 8 posts

Yep, same for me since 1st March. Went through “live chat” with Barclays, just tried to educate me on using the app & logging out & back in … eventually agreed to report to their tech team. Im guessing they have disabled the link, while the work through what they are going to do with individual anniversaries & offering avios v the upgrade voucher.

Oh no, are Barclaycard setting the anniversary date in stone now? I was hoping to downgrade from Avios+ to Avios and thought I’d get the full 12 months to hit £20K spend, not the time left of my current anniversary.

faichers 4 posts

Barclaycard-boy I wish I have never applied vis HFP!
    It is useless
    Phone calls take ages to get through
    I have a card with no PIN so can’t use
    The descision on my credit limit was a farce and I still have a credit limit of £200
    Amex is 100% better (except the American advisors)
    And I’m paying £20 for nothing!

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

IIRC, don’t they ask for supporting documentation with the proviso that they will close your account if they don’t receive it? If you decide not to keep the card, can you just wait for them to close it?!

Gary_Dexter 130 posts

Same issue here and I’m not at my Anniversary date yet – only about 5 months in since opening the account.

It must be an app or system-wide issue affecting most if not all users.

Gary_Dexter 130 posts

It’s back now. Although it says zero months until my anniversary reward, then listing my anniversary date as November (which is correct).

ExpatInBerlin 185 posts

Just checked today and when I go on the “View your Avios” section of the Barclaycard app it now says:

Barclaycard Avios bonus rewards

Yearly spending award:

Your last reward was a BA cabin upgrade voucher

05/07/22: Reward redeemed

26/04/23: New rewards available

26/04/23 is my anniversary date so hoping the app will then refresh for my new anniversary year.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.