Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard Avios points transfer to BA – timing?

• Blindman67 135 posts

Avios from my BA Barclaycard Plus have landed in my BA account today.

Strangely enough, my Barclaycard still have X amount of “Pending Barclays Avios” showing in my Barclays app. It seems like it takes a while for them to update the figure.

Yup, exactly the same here.

The misleading bit is where it says “Pending Barclaycard Avios” and shows all those earned to date, spanned across multiple billing cycles.

But under ‘Avios you’ve collected with us’, it still shows 0.

Mine transferred as promised today, the second working day of the month.
    App still shows “pending”

Downgrade applied for in the app-Will take effect after next statement date so looks like I’ll pay another £20 fee.

Offer of 1000 Avios if spend £1k in 3 months.

Not too shabby IMHO.

Rui N. 831 posts

Where do you see that offer of 1000 avios?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Avios from my BA Barclaycard Plus have landed in my BA account today.

Strangely enough, my Barclaycard still have X amount of “Pending Barclays Avios” showing in my Barclays app. It seems like it takes a while for them to update the figure.

Yup, exactly the same here.

The misleading bit is where it says “Pending Barclaycard Avios” and shows all those earned to date, spanned across multiple billing cycles.

But under ‘Avios you’ve collected with us’, it still shows 0.

Mine transferred as promised today, the second working day of the month.
    App still shows “pending”

Downgrade applied for in the app-Will take effect after next statement date so looks like I’ll pay another £20 fee.

Offer of 1000 Avios if spend £1k in 3 months.

Not too shabby IMHO.

I’d be surprised if you get the 1,000 Avios bonus. That’s supposed to be for those who swapped to Avios from a non-Avios card.

My app shows a bonus if I swap Avios cards but I doubt it would actually happen as I’ve had a bonus already for swapping to it!

Aston100 1,388 posts

Lots of complaints last month about Avios not posting in a timely manner. Surprised (or maybe not) to see no positive comments this month with them posting yesterday, 3 May, the first working day of the month. Well done Barclaycard for getting things back on track.

Hi Shillster,
    Mine transferred today – the 2nd working day of the month – the day it is supposed to transfer.
    Why would I be posting anything positive about Barclaycard providing something as intended?
    Should I also be congratulating McDonalds for providing burgers?

Wow, Barclaycard have apparently resolved one of their numerous issues. There are plenty more to go.

JDB 4,373 posts

@Aston100 a lot of product launches go somewhat awry, so it’s good to see things settle down. I’m not sure the other issues are very different to those people complain about in respect of other cards here. It is of course much easier to be negative, but hey ho. On a brighter note, it is another fantastic sunny day here in the Cederberg Wilderness.

Aston100 1,388 posts

@Aston100 a lot of product launches go somewhat awry, so it’s good to see things settle down. I’m not sure the other issues are very different to those people complain about in respect of other cards here. It is of course much easier to be negative, but hey ho. On a brighter note, it is another fantastic sunny day here in the Cederberg Wilderness.

Hi Shillster,
    do you see yourself as some kind of self-appointed Financial Services Vigilante, fighting against consumers on behalf of big corporations?

confused 32 posts

Mine haven’t posted through for some reason.

I hit the 50,000 points late September, got the email saying it will land in my account second working day of next month, but it’s already the 4th day and it’s not landed

shswilson 5 posts

Mine haven’t posted through for some reason.

I hit the 50,000 points late September, got the email saying it will land in my account second working day of next month, but it’s already the 4th day and it’s not landed

We’ve been waiting for ages for our 50000+ points to transfer. I spoke to Barclaycard today (after quite a long wait on the phone) and they said that there was an IT problem at their end which is being ‘urgently’ investigated. Anyone else heard this?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.