Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard online services/using the app

• rum 275 posts

For new customers to Barclaycard, is it possible to register for their online services (either through the regular website or the app) before receiving the card?

Thanks in advance.

Roberto 279 posts

I doubt it, I needed to enter the card number and the PIN this morning when I deleted and reinstalled the app in an effort to encourage it to offer me a swap to the new card from my existing product.

rum 275 posts

I doubt it, I needed to enter the card number and the PIN this morning when I deleted and reinstalled the app

Thanks, Roberto! Appreciate the lightning fast response.

I was given an 8(?)-digit code after I was approved for a card and I also have the credit limit and the card’s last four digits (in the confirmation email). I think I read somewhere that the 8-digit code is the username, but I could be wrong.

rum 275 posts

An interesting data point:

Just logged in to my Barclays (current account) app. My Barclaycard is now showing in the same app. Wondering if there’s any point in even bothering with the Barclaycard app now?

can 506 posts

Just logged in to my Barclays (current account) app. My Barclaycard is now showing in the same app. Wondering if there’s any point in even bothering with the Barclaycard app now?

Same here. I haven’t even gotten any email from barclays saying I am approved. I just saw it in my Barclays app

Comrade Chag 79 posts

The card launch has been a fiasco. @Rob what’s the latest from their side?

People that have been approved: should they expect the card anytime soon?

Rejected: should they try again at some point?

People who have to wait five days: is that a rejection?

Whatsthepoint 122 posts

I was told I was approved and that’s it, nothing more yet, not even an email! I have some spend I’d really like to put on it ASAP too!

rum 275 posts

Replying to myself here in the hope that this post might help others in future.
    Still haven’t received my card. I set up a direct debit for the Barclaycard using my Barclays Premier a/c. Now that the DD is showing in the account, I can see the full card number under the DD section in the Barclays Bank app. Nice security there… but I will try to set up Barclaycard online services though and see if that works.

Youllnever 182 posts

Just received this text message from Barclaycard:
    Hi, our Barclaycard Avios cards are flying off the shelf and it won’t be long until you’ll have yours – it’ll be with you in the next few days. Your Barclaycard team

rum 275 posts

Just received this text message from Barclaycard:
    Hi, our Barclaycard Avios cards are flying off the shelf and it won’t be long until you’ll have yours – it’ll be with you in the next few days. Your Barclaycard team

Yup, I got that one too!

dst87 263 posts

Sheesh, I remember when I ordered my Monzo debit card I received it within 24 hours. Barclaycard have years of experience here and I’m astonished that they’re unable to ship cards promptly. It’s been 7 days now!

(Plus, given I was unable to add a supplementary cardholder during the application, I assume I’ll have another long wait to get my husband’s card through. 😆 You have to laugh…)

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

+1 on the text – clearly they’re not flying very quickly towards HFP readers!

rum 275 posts

Sheesh, I remember when I ordered my Monzo debit card I received it within 24 hours. Barclaycard have years of experience here and I’m astonished that they’re unable to ship cards promptly. It’s been 7 days now!

Yup, the new challenger (= digital) banks are giving the traditional banks a real run for their money. Chase, Monzo and Starling have all demonstrated how it should be done. Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds (dare I list them all?) if you’re reading this – take note!

rum 275 posts

Replying to myself here in the hope that this post might help others in future.
    Still haven’t received my card. I set up a direct debit for the Barclaycard using my Barclays Premier a/c. Now that the DD is showing in the account, I can see the full card number under the DD section in the Barclays Bank app. Nice security there… but I will try to set up Barclaycard online services though and see if that works.

So I received my PIN number now but still no sign of the card 🙂
    I tried to register on the Barclaycard app using the card number but it didn’t let me get very far as it asked for the card’s security number. Back to the waiting game I guess.

dst87 263 posts

I got an email today telling me all about the features of my new card. Very much worded in a way that the recipient should already have the card. I wish they’d stop with all of these emails!

Still no card. Still no PIN. Still no app access.

rum 275 posts

I’ve been getting their regular emails too. There isn’t much point to them, but alas it’s good to know they have at least got my email address right!

Sinead
    HfP Staff
    3 posts

We’ve had a note from Barclays to say the cards are going out:
    “Typically our cards arrive within 5 working days. On occasion, it can take slightly longer and will depend on the Post Office service.”
    We’ll keep talking to Barclays about this to understand if there are any issues but it sounds like the first tranche are arriving now.

rum 275 posts

Thanks, @Sinead. Appreciate your efforts.

Any news on whether the cards will work with Apple Pay?

rum 275 posts

I’ve been getting their regular emails too. There isn’t much point to them, but alas it’s good to know they have at least got my email address right!

Got another tranche of emails again today: activate your card and how to sign-up for the free Apple services (News+, TV and so on).

No surprise though as still no card.

dst87 263 posts

I got the same tranche of emails. Almost annoyed that I hadn’t activated it yet. I’d love to! You just need to send me the card.

They also sent me a survey asking about my experience (including questions about activating the card). I enjoyed filling that one out!

rum 275 posts

They also sent me a survey asking about my experience (including questions about activating the card). I enjoyed filling that one out!

That’s the only one I haven’t received yet, but I will be letting rip when that gets here.

dst87 263 posts

One interesting thought… I seem to remember Rob saying that (at least the free card) was a loss-leader to drive business to their other products.

This cannot have been a good launch for them, if so. Barclays are currently about the last company I’d want to do any further banking with!

CarpalTravel 361 posts

To be fair to Barclaycard, at least their emails suggest the card is enroute. Capital on Tap totally forgot to send theirs until I asked where it was.

DTR 105 posts

Anyone managed to activate the included Apple trials. I got the email with a link encouraging me to do so (but no codes). Following the link from the email, the website asked for my name/dob etc but then said they couldn’t find my account. (For background I was instantly approved but still waiting for the card)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.