Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Best fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls, ON?

• dst87 264 posts

I’m going to be spending 2 nights in Niagara Falls in a few months and I get the sense that none of the hotels do a particularly good job of showing off their rooms. All of the hotels look fairly dated.

Does anyone here have favourites? In particular, we’d like a really great view of the falls from the room. I’m not tied to any particular chain or brand for this trip.

I’ve currently got a Jr. Fallsview Suite at the Marriott Fallsview booked, but it’s fully flexible / cancellable. I’ve also looked at the Hilton Fallsview and Embassy Suites too. I’m struggling to get excited about any of the options, though!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts
    davefl 1,222 posts

The junior suite at the Embasssy had a great view of the falls and the fireworks, you can also sit in the bath, open some shutters and look out (allegedly… I think you’d need the neck of a giraffe if I remember correctly).

The rooms are narrow, entrance hall/seating area, bathroom and the bedroom all one after the other. With the bedroom having the view, and a small coffee table/chairs to sit and look out.

supergraeme 128 posts

Stayed at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview five years ago and it was, being polite, dated. But the view from the room (and huge bath in the room) was great, and it was dirt cheap.

Tariq 79 posts

See https://www.headforpoints.com/2015/08/12/review-embassy-suites-niagara-falls/

I stayed here some years ago on the back of this review and it was a decent choice.

Mel TS 70 posts

We spent New Years eve just gone at Marriott Fallsview – it was a Superior View High Floor 2 Queen. We don’t stay very often in hotels like this, but the room was fine. It was big, clean, had a fridge, a decent bathroom and shower. I liked the two chairs set out at the window so you could just sit and watch the falls. The decor was inoffensive. The view we had was great – I cant attach a photo but happy to send one over if there is any way to do it.

Tips if you do end up at the Fallsview – do the self park option – its WAY cheaper and literally a five minute walk through the car park of the hotel behind the Fallsview. Drive up to the valet bit and ask them for directions to the self park, they give you a little ticket and off you go. You do have do a bit of a run across a road but its easy enough to drop a passenger and your bags at the hotel then just pop round to the car park so it’s only you and no suitcase trying to get across the road!
    It was also beyond manic at check in time with huge queues (don’t know if this is normal or just New Years eve) so try your luck checking in early. We managed a 1pm check in. Its stupidly expensive to park anywhere around there so even if you cant check in, at least you could dump the car in the car park!

dst87 264 posts

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, and for the link to the review. The suite mentioned in that review does look really lovely, though appears to have a second double bed in addition to the main King bed – feels like a bad use of space for us, but may still be the best option.

Appreciate the tips, thanks!

I was just checking the Marriott app and it looks like the Sheraton Fallsview has been recently refurbished – didn’t see it before. The rooms look lovely, but it doesn’t looks like it’s as close as the other options.

Andrew. 482 posts

The falls are magnificent, definitely worth visiting.

It’s been over 10 years since I visited, and things may have considerably improved, but 2 nights would be too long for me.

dst87 264 posts

It’s been over 10 years since I visited, and things may have considerably improved, but 2 nights would be too long for me.

That’s interesting. I was worried we wouldn’t have long enough, but I also suspect that I’m not too interested in most of what the immediate area around the falls has to offer.

Mel TS 70 posts

That’s interesting. I was worried we wouldn’t have long enough, but I also suspect that I’m not too interested in most of what the immediate area around the falls has to offer.

One day for the falls is fine. There are some nice walks a little further up north from the falls and its worth popping up to Niagara-on-the Lake – lovely little village with a high street for strolling and another good area for walking along the lake shore. The chimney cakes the Budapest Bake shop are yummy too 🙂

Greg 18 posts

Embassy Hotel – get a falls view room as high up as possible.

Then plan your next trip to Iguazu falls and stay at the Belmond Hotel. They are real serious falls compared to Niagra.

davefl 1,222 posts

Embassy Hotel – get a falls view room as high up as possible.

Then plan your next trip to Iguazu falls and stay at the Belmond Hotel. They are real serious falls compared to Niagra.

Agreed. The Belmond itself is a bit meh, but you cant beat the location and yes Igazu makes Niagra look like someone is ****ing in a bucket.

Watch for monkeys!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.