Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• cinereus 161 posts

I’m flying from T5 in BA Business soon (no Amex Plat or status and an A gate if it matters).

Which lounges can I use for free and what should my choice be in order of priority?

Thanks.

Andrew J 769 posts

The BA Club lounges at T5 are all as bad was each other really – the one in the satellite is less busy so a more enjoyable experience but the South abs North lounges not much difference.

cinereus 161 posts

Yeah I was weighing up whether it’s worth the trek to the satellite lounge. I’m guess there’s no way at all to access terminal 3?

What is the current situation at the Galleries Club lounges? No self service booze and table service for food too?

SteveJ 979 posts

Unless you have a long layover don’t go to the satellite lounge at T5b. It is certainly quieter and a nicer experience, but you’d need to factor in the 10-15 min walk back to A (you can’t take the shuttle as you end up landside).

The ones at A are much of a muchness. Pick the one closer to your gate.

Andrew J 769 posts

Yeah I was weighing up whether it’s worth the trek to the satellite lounge. I’m guess there’s no way at all to access terminal 3?

What is the current situation at the Galleries Club lounges? No self service booze and table service for food too?

If it’s anything like Galleries First it’s self serve drinks and table service food from the app.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.