Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Beware “seat change” emails…

• FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

My wife received a seat change email for a flight to MIA in November. I didn’t.

Going into Manage My Booking brought up a message saying our flight had been cancelled – even though the flights are still on sale. The only option on the web site was to do a flight change.

I phoned customer services and the issue had been caused by an aircraft change from one of the old 777s to a refitted one AND a slight change in flight time. The result being that the system viewed our flight as having been cancelled.

All very quickly and cheerfully sorted.

two_roads 11 posts

This morning I had an email about seat change, followed 20 minutes later by notification of cancellation of both flights and rebooking only on one. As it happens I spotted on BA and sorted out before I saw the emails, but for sure – seat change emails do not seem to be good news.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.