Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help BA cancelled BKK to LHR April 2022 – any rerouting experience?

• GaryNewman 7 posts

Our 2 4 1 companion flight (in club) has been cancelled due to the suspension of that route until Autumn 22. Has anyone successfully been rerouted on Qatar or Finnair in April (or later) yet? I did get through on webchat and was told they didn’t have an agreement with Qatar beyond the end of March.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

Finnair should be possible too. We have a thread about this: https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/ba-cancelled-bangkok-until-october/

GaryNewman 7 posts

Thanks Rhys. I’ve seen your post at the end of the link you’ve sent. Basically no options to rebook yet for flights after the end of March. As you say this will have to be reviewed as time moves on. I’ll keep looking back in case you or somebody else has some news about flights after the end of March.

elainengyeeling 5 posts

BA offered me qatar flights to bkk in lieu of a cancelled ba avios amex 241 lhr to bkk in business flight. They seemed to be willing to look for dates -3/+11 from original flight dates.

PointsChaser 36 posts

BA offered me qatar flights to bkk in lieu of a cancelled ba avios amex 241 lhr to bkk in business flight. They seemed to be willing to look for dates -3/+11 from original flight dates.

Nice! I was not impressed with Finnair’s business class and will not fly them again. Getting Qatar is a good result.

GaryNewman 7 posts

Hi Elaine. Thanks for the info. Was the flight they offered you taking place after 31st March? Rhys reported that Qatar is offered but only (so far) for flights up until 31 March. As of last week there didn’t seem to be any protocols in place for after that date and our flight is in April. Hoping that’s changed if your flight is also after the start of April?

elainengyeeling 5 posts

Hi Gary

It was for a flight mid April, they were only routing outgoing to BKK on Qatar as return is a non-cancelled BA return from Singapore.
    Good luck!

GaryNewman 7 posts

Thanks Elaine. Sorted now. Crappy 3.00am departure from BKK. Strangely our flights are the reverse of yours. Out on non cancelled BA flight to Singapore. Back on the now rebooked Qatar flights from Bangkok. Enjoy your trip. Hoping COVID/Testing/Quarantining doesn’t still screw things up before April.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.