Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Booking Aer Lingus with the 241

• NorthernLass 7,569 posts

So after the initial excitement it looks as though this is something of a damp squib! Having searched for award seats from both MAN and LON I am only seeing economy (which tbh is all I’ve seen in the past anyway), and distinctly underwhelming pricing, e.g. 70k avios plus £653 in taxes for 2 people, MAN-MCO. So Aer Lingus flights don’t seem to have the same RFS pricing as BA (which would be 25/30/35k avios plus £50/75 each way in Y) and constitute a very poor use of the 241.

meta 1,439 posts

Have you searched ex DUB? If it’s anything like Iberia it will throw better results and possibly lower taxes. You can then get a cheap flight to Dublin and stay the night before.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

No – I just want to be able to get on a long haul flight at MAN and not have to bother changing anywhere! Will probably do ex-DUB at some point but only if we have time to tack a mini break onto the start and explore the city a bit.

Though did someone comment yesterday that with the new changes, DUB isn’t a cheap departure point any more?

meta 1,439 posts

Yes, it’s not cheap if you fly BA, but with Aer Lingus might be a different story. I haven’t checked though.

robmc 1 post

Tend to agree with NorthernLass about using recently acquired BA Premiun Plus 241 for Aer Lingus. Tried some random searches to test it from MAN to NYC over different weeks and still only returns BA via LHR. Even tried ORD to see if it routes via DUB or even say NYC but again not returning any Aer Lingus flights.

The concept is great for us who reside in the North and always need to schlep south to use the BA 241. Really welcomed this news but alas maybe it is not quite as it ought to be at the moment…..Searches are off peak as don’t have to worry about school holidays so they are either so limited or I cannot find them. If anyone has any luck or if it is a glitch they’re ironing out I’d be grateful to hear…. Thanks

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

Dublin not really that good for an overnight. Only one really close to the airport hotel – and their pricing shows that they know it!

Of course you can go into town, but the taxis aren’t cheap and the bus – well, it is a bus!

Much prefer AMS, CDG or MAD!

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Thinking back, I have only ever seen economy Aer Lingus seats available for redemption to/from MAN, mainly NYC. But the price was 13k avios and about £130 off-peak, which was a decent deal if you didn’t mind sitting in economy. But now the availability doesn’t seem to have improved AND the prices have increased considerably!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.