Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Booking LHR-SIN Stopover SIN-SYD with a 2-4-1

• qc 206 posts

As the title says I’d like to book LHR-SYD with a stopover in SIN and then stopover again on the return. Has anyone done this – requires 3 further phone call as flights open up I realise.

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

It shouldn’t require any phone calls. You just need to select the stopover option when making your booking online and put in your required dates before clicking through to the next page.

qc 206 posts

That would work if there was lots of availability- I forgot to mention that I would be looking for seats in CW.

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

I think we may be talking at cross purposes – why would there need to be lots of availability?

qc 206 posts

Well there would need to be availability LHR-SIN on several days prior to the day you want to fly on from SIN to SYD depending on how many days stopover I want which we all know is not going to happen as they will all have been snapped up at +355 days.
    Yes, in an ideal world I’d like to select flights to SIN and then a week later flights on to SYD. This used to be the case but not in recent years. We’ve done it at least twice and have been able to book the complete trip including the return in one go.

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

Oh right I see. This might not help, but once you pick your stopover dates you can select different cabins on each leg, so you could do a mixture of CW and PE if that works for you. So the CW seats may have gone on your first leg but there may well be PE available.

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

Is a “stopover” just priced as a LHR-SIN flight plus a Sin-SYD flight, or does it make no difference and is priced as a LHR-SYD flight?

BJ 657 posts

Does BA dot com even give the option to stopover in SIN when booking LHR-SYD? I’d be surprised but delighted if it does, I want to do this too but have not checked yet.

qc 206 posts

I haven’t done it recently but in the past it was the same as LHR-SYD even with the stopover. When you select LHR-SYD you’re asked if you want a stopover and the stopover offered is SIN.

Adder 21 posts

@qc did you have any luck with this? Hoping to do the same in Jan 24 (LHR-SYDwith a stopover in SIN on a 2-4-1)

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

A word to the wise on this, the new Avios changes have meant a substantial increase to the “stopover” option for Singapore on the way to Sydney.

LHR-SIN-SYD (single flight BA15) now 145,000 in Club
    (Was 125,000) + £375pp

LHR-SIN [stopover] SIN-SYD is now 190,000 in club (was 137,500) + £475pp

So you are paying an extra £100 in taxes plus a shopping 45,000 Avios for the privilege of adding a stop.

The above is off-peak, peak dates cost 200,000 Avios for a stop in Singapore! This ruled it out for us.

All of the above pricing is one-way. So if you wanted to stop in Singapore OUT & RTN (even for 3 hours) it will cost you an extra 90,000 Avios. Ridiculous.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.