Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Business Platinum: Insurance for >1 supplementary card

• Ducky 20 posts

With the personal Platinum card the travel insurance benefits apply to all supplementary card holders. However, the Amex wording seems ambiguous as to whether all supplementary card holders on a Business Platinum also receive travel insurance benefits. It is definitely on the first (Platinum) supplementary card but what about the 98 possible gold supplementary cards? Does any one have any experience?

ChasP 162 posts

why would gold supps get insurance at any time ?

of course the 1 plat limit is only for a free card you can always pay for more

Note the business plat insurance has different terms from personal esp for families of supplementary

Ducky 20 posts

Because the personal plat has insurance for all 5 sup cards (not just the plat). I’m aware of the enhanced coverage on a business plat – it didn’t get changed to the inferior insurance that Amex downgraded the personal plat to a few years ago. The main benefit to me is the increased age limit (80 years). Is this the difference you were referring to ChasP or is there something else?

ChasP 162 posts

Yes better age limit (vital for me!) but my reading of the T&Cs was that supp personal plat carres family insurance whereas the bus plat supp is supp cardholder only

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.