Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Can I cancel BA (Blue) Amex once flight booked with voucher?

• JordanB 17 posts

I’ve just booked 2x 1st class seats to Washington for October using the BAPP 2for1 voucher.

I’d already downgraded my card to the free (blue) one but have been hanging on to it until I booked a flight with the voucher.

Now the flight’s booked – is there any benefit to me retaining the blue BA Amex card? Or should I cancel it to begin my ‘2 year hiatus’?

NorthernLass 7,608 posts

There are pros and cons to this, your best bet is to read Rob’s articles and the many threads on here about the best use of these cards.

Froggee 903 posts

Yes you can cancel. Only benefit I can see is if you want to make changes to your flight that needs more fees paid and you have no access to an Amex then that could be awkward.

Bill_B 87 posts

Cancelling resets the clock on the BAPP SUB, at the cost of not being able to generate a 2for1 voucher during this time.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.