Can you get Gold card welcome bonus if you have the Bonvoy card already?
13th March 2022 at 15:48MeowMix
I believe yes since they are different card types but wanted to confirm?13th March 2022 at 15:57NorthernLass
No – but you could on the Platinum. Rob did an updated article on the sign up strategy last week.13th March 2022 at 16:57MeowMix
Wait, aren’t the gold and platinum cards in the same family (both earn Amex MR)?13th March 2022 at 17:03NorthernLass
Yes, but don’t forget the “any personal Amex” clause – Bonvoy is a personal Amex, affects gold but not platinum. It’s complicated, so you’re best off reading a few of the articles here and in other places.
13th March 2022 at 19:07MeowMix
- This reply was modified 52 years, 7 months ago by .
Shoot. I just got the gold card for no reason then, oops lol. At least it’s free for a year. Is it possible to “upgrade” to platinum and still get the platinum welcome bonus?13th March 2022 at 19:23RobHfP Staff
The whole ‘family’ thing was scrapped in March 2019. Current rules here – https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/12/29/what-amex-sign-up-bonuses-are-you-still-eligible-for-2/13th March 2022 at 20:03MeowMix
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- ChrisC on BA evoucher reminder tool
- Roehydes Finest on Chat thread – Monday 15th August
- brian on Dublin Terminal 2 lounges
- FFoxSake on BA evoucher reminder tool
- Devils Advocate on Locked out of Barclays online and app account
- Reney on Family of 3 and companion/upgrade vouchers
- The real Swiss Tony on Increased avails with new companion voucher-when are more tickets released?
- JDB on South Africa at the end November and beginning of december
- Michael C on Chat thread – Monday 15th August
- John on Japan during pandemic
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.