Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cancelled reward flights still present

• Ash 621 posts

We booked 2-4-1 business flights, but later cancelled them and rebooked for another destination and different dates.

Strange thing is the first flight booking still appears in my partner’s BA app under “my bookings”.

Worth turning up at Heathrow on the off chance? : )

NorthernLass 7,538 posts

How long ago was this? Cancelled flights can hang around for a couple of days, especially if you’re looking in the app and you haven’t refreshed it. If you go into MMB there should be a message saying BA are in the process of cancelling it or something to that effect.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,072 posts

I have a booking for flights due to take place in 2021 that was cancelled that still appears in my account.

If you go into the booking you won’t see a 125- ticket number and without that there isn’t a booking.

I suppose you could turn up and it would generate some frantic phone calls whilst someone looked into it before telling you it was cancelled / refunded / rebooked months ago.

Also it’s unlikely it would generate the “check in open” feature in the app or allow you to select seats.

QFFlyer 156 posts

I cancelled a flight during COVID which stuck around in my QF app for about 12 months. It was definitely cancelled, but the PNR still existed for some reason.

I wouldn’t waste your time turning up on the offchance, I doubt it will even let you OLCI.

Ash 621 posts

I have a booking for flights due to take place in 2021 that was cancelled that still appears in my account.

If you go into the booking you won’t see a 125- ticket number and without that there isn’t a booking.

I suppose you could turn up and it would generate some frantic phone calls whilst someone looked into it before telling you it was cancelled / refunded / rebooked months ago.

Also it’s unlikely it would generate the “check in open” feature in the app or allow you to select seats.

The 125 ticket number is there.

Click select seat and it takes you to website where you can select a seat if you are gold or silver, or to come back 7 days pre flight if bronze. She is blue.

Ash 621 posts

I cancelled a flight during COVID which stuck around in my QF app for about 12 months. It was definitely cancelled, but the PNR still existed for some reason.

I wouldn’t waste your time turning up on the offchance, I doubt it will even let you OLCI.

OLCI?

JDB 4,369 posts

You can add OLCI to your previous question about Ernie to ask at the HfP party or, if you are in a hurry, ask Mr Google who should answer within seconds.

Ash 621 posts

Ernie was premium bonds.

I’m sure there’s some kind people on here willing to answer a straightforward, honest, query. Google didn’t help with olci.

nectar collector 281 posts

Ernie was premium bonds.

I’m sure there’s some kind people on here willing to answer a straightforward, honest, query. Google didn’t help with olci.

Online checkin……

Ash 621 posts

Ernie was premium bonds.

Online checkin……

Much obliged : )

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.