Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cancelled rotation, tier points woe

• rooster 34 posts

My friend booked a BA holiday (flight + hotel); the return rotation got cancelled and he subsequently booked with U2 in order to get home quicker.
    The problem is he hasn’t had tier points posted for the outbound leg, which he needed to attain Silver.

Do you think this is an IT glitch due to the cancelled second leg, which has resulted in them mistakenly not crediting the outbound?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

How long is it since he took the outbound flight and has he contacted BA about it? I think the TPs with the current double offer might be taking longer to post than the usual couple of days.

rooster 34 posts

How long is it since he took the outbound flight and has he contacted BA about it? I think the TPs with the current double offer might be taking longer to post than the usual couple of days.

Outbound was Friday. He isn’t really even to bother about DTPs – just need to complete 4 flights in addition to his 610 already in the bag.
    He can’t get through the BA…

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,048 posts

No wonder he hasn’t had the outbound points – he only flew Friday so unlikely they’d post until the wee hours of tomorrow morning,

And that’s just for the flight. The double points will take a couple of weeks to post.

rooster 34 posts

No wonder he hasn’t had the outbound points – he only flew Friday so unlikely they’d post until the wee hours of tomorrow morning,

And that’s just for the flight. The double points will take a couple of weeks to post.

Actually I stand corrected – outbound was last Thursday. So four days now which is not normal?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

I’m sure you’re friend is fretting unnecessarily about this. I just checked back through my emails – I took the flights which got me to Silver on October 4th and the confirmation of the status was sent on the 8th, so four days is perfectly normal. Isn’t there a missing TP form you can fill in though, if he still isn’t showing as Silver in a few more days and can’t get through to BA – which isn’t surprising given the imminent strike chaos?!

rooster 34 posts

I’m sure you’re friend is fretting unnecessarily about this. I just checked back through my emails – I took the flights which got me to Silver on October 4th and the confirmation of the status was sent on the 8th, so four days is perfectly normal. Isn’t there a missing TP form you can fill in though, if he still isn’t showing as Silver in a few more days and can’t get through to BA – which isn’t surprising given the imminent strike chaos?!

He is a worry wart, to be fair

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.