Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Tracy 315 posts

How do I check if there is an issue with my BA flight. Can’t reserve seats, says to contact BA. Flight details: Sun 26th March LHR-GLA 20.15.

Lyn 188 posts

Your 20:15 flight shows up on BA’s timetable and flight status, but it isn’t an option for booking a cash seat on the 26th. Perhaps it is operating but just fully booked? I don’t know if this would affect your ability to reserve seats. Does the flight still show up with the correct flight number and departure time in MMB?

Tracy 315 posts

@Lyn, yes still showing as normal in MMB….just can’t reserve seats.
    Tried BA on Twitter to reserve seats, all reserved now. Must have been a glitch in the matrix 😂

eppleby 32 posts

We’re flying LHR to PHL (BA067) on 19th. April 2023 in First Class. Until yesterday 19th. March 2023 – when I checked the preorder meals offer for this flight I saw that meals could only be ordered 30 days before the flight so I waited until today (which is 30 days until the flight). Today when I do the same check it says that meals can only be ordered once one is onboard the flight! What happened?

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Pre-ordering meals (apart from special meal types, e.g. vegetarian) was suspended during the pandemic and still hasn’t been reinstated, sadly. Presumably you’re still taking the flight, your comment suggests not though?!

strickers 651 posts

The 2015 is showing no availability for booking, so probably full. Flight earlier that day show very busy too, although there is a little bit of availability on the 2155. It just looks like a very busy day on that route.

Alex G 435 posts

Presumably you’re still taking the flight, your comment suggests not though?!

Huh? That’s not the way I read it. The apostrophe is critical.

Stu_N 103 posts

Looks extremely busy.

StopsDepartArriveAircraft Frequency
    ReliabilityAvailable Classes
    (Click on the class code for details)
    0 Connections
    BA 1476 0 LHR
    26/03/23 10:10 AM GLA
    26/03/23 11:40 AM 32A
    Daily
    NA / NA J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y2 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

0 Connections
    BA 1480 0 LGW
    26/03/23 11:10 AM GLA
    26/03/23 12:45 PM 319
    Daily
    82% / 22m J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

0 Connections
    BA 1482 0 LHR
    26/03/23 12:25 PM GLA
    26/03/23 1:50 PM 32Q
    Daily
    55% / 33m J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

0 Connections
    BA 1488 0 LHR
    26/03/23 4:10 PM GLA
    26/03/23 5:35 PM 320
    Daily
    51% / 29m J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

0 Connections
    BA 1492 0 LHR
    26/03/23 6:45 PM GLA
    26/03/23 8:10 PM 32Q
    Daily
    51% / 42m J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y5 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

0 Connections
    BA (CJ) 8730 0 LCY
    26/03/23 7:45 PM GLA
    26/03/23 9:05 PM E90
    Su
    80% / 14m J9 C9 D0 R0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

0 Connections
    BA 1498 0 LHR
    26/03/23 8:15 PM GLA
    26/03/23 9:40 PM 32N
    Daily
    56% / 31m J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

0 Connections
    BA 1496 0 LHR
    26/03/23 9:55 PM GLA
    26/03/23 11:15 PM 32A
    Su,M,T,W,Th,F
    NA / NA J3 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y1 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Presumably you’re still taking the flight, your comment suggests not though?!

Huh? That’s not the way I read it. The apostrophe is critical.

Says “We’re flying LHR-PHL. Until 19th March when I checked the pre-order meals” It’s a non-issue, obvs, but it reads as though OP decided he wasn’t taking that flight unless he could pre-order the food! Though TBH, F & B has been so unimpressive on BA of late that it would be understandable!

JDB 4,384 posts

When it was possible to pre-order F meals pre-covid, it usually simply offered a pre-selection from what was scheduled to be on the menu anyway rather than a wider choice so it was more of a benefit to BA rather than the passenger. I’m not sure why, unless someone is very particular or has dietary issues there is any great merit in selecting your food in advance rather than seeing what you feel like on the day and what will go best with the wines offered.

eppleby 32 posts

’We’re’ is the diminutive of ‘We are’! Thus my English is correct! I don’t (do not) indicate or suggest that our taking of the flight is dependent upon whether we can pre-choose our meals but the reason that we wanted to know was so that we could either choose to eat pre-flight or during the flight.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

I’m not questioning the contraction, but the way the two phrases sound when read in succession! It was my subjective reading, nothing to get excited about.
    A sit-down meal in the CCR with the excellent (IME) and attentive table service is a very nice way to start an F flight, and you may well be hungry again by the time they serve the main meal on board, so fill your boots!

Alex G 435 posts

were

Pronunciation: Were rhymes with purr, stir, and her.

Meaning – Were is the past tense of the verb are.

we’re

We’re looks different from were: it has an apostrophe between the first e and the r.

Pronunciation – We’re rhymes with beer, fear, and pier.

Meaning – We’re is a contraction made from the two words we and are.

It is correct to use we’re when you can substitute we are for it.

https://webapps.towson.edu/ows/were_where_we’re.htm

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

I have a Ph.D. in literature. As per my post above, I am aware of what the two words mean!

Alex G 435 posts

I have a Ph.D. in literature. As per my post above, I am aware of what the two words mean!

Then you will recognise that your “subjective reading” was an easy error and that they do not sound the same when read out loud. 😉

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,084 posts

When it was possible to pre-order F meals pre-covid, it usually simply offered a pre-selection from what was scheduled to be on the menu anyway rather than a wider choice so it was more of a benefit to BA rather than the passenger. I’m not sure why, unless someone is very particular or has dietary issues there is any great merit in selecting your food in advance rather than seeing what you feel like on the day and what will go best with the wines offered.

BA doesn’t load enough meals in F (let alone any other cabins) to give everyone their first choice. There is an element of over provision but it’s not much so if you pre order you’re far more likely to get your first choice than if on the day everyone wants the same dish.

AA does a far better job. Not only do they have advanced selection they have additional dishes to chose from that aren’t on the onboard menu.

Tracy 315 posts

Thanks @strickers @Stu_N, was worried flight would be cancelled as not busy enough, not the case 😂
    On the topic of food choices, on our flight out I was disappointed in the lack of veggie availability. The afternoon tea only had 3 veggies loaded and was not available for me and OH. Same with the food offering on the short hop from Nassau to Grand Cayman, the veggie quiche had no availability by time I was asked…was tempted to request veggie meals for return flight but scared I might get chickpea baby food 😱

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

@Tracy, are you staying at the Kimpton, I can’t remember?

F & B on that flight are never great – we got chicken pie in J last summer! On the way back it’s even more limited as has to be loaded up at NAS which isn’t a huge facility, and they don’t feed you until you’ve departed from there, which is around 5 hours into the journey if you’ve started at GCM. We usually get a pizza at the airport then just try to get to sleep asap after take off. This is one of the reasons I prefer to go via the US sometimes, the J (or indeed, F) experience tends to be much better.

You did well getting offered food between NAS and GCM, I’ve only ever seen drinks and nuts on that leg! And the Club Kitchen is always stripped bare within a very short time of being stocked, lol.

JDB 4,384 posts

BA doesn’t load enough meals in F (let alone any other cabins) to give everyone their first choice. There is an element of over provision but it’s not much so if you pre order you’re far more likely to get your first choice than if on the day everyone wants the same dish.

AA does a far better job. Not only do they have advanced selection they have additional dishes to chose from that aren’t on the onboard menu.

In 40+ years of travelling in F on BA and many other airlines neither I, nor any member of my family/travelling companion, has not had first choice of meal available. However, I can’t tell you what I might feel like eating a month from today. If they didn’t have my first choice, I would survive just fine and even in restaurants with extremely limited menus (usually a good sign) I don’t feel any need to pre-order; happy for the surprise.

With enforced J travel, eg to EZE and CPT, it’s a different matter as unfortunately all the J food is revolting and the wine simply not worth drinking despite Do & Co catering from LHR. We did try the food to/from EZE and it’s always worse on the return; luckily my wife had anticipated so we had a picnic with wine that was infinitely superior. What’s ridiculous is that they try to make everything sound fancy but are simply unable properly to execute what it says on the menu (eg ‘sage bechamel’ = thick green wallpaper paste and ‘rosemary jus’ = very thick glutinous sludge) and on the return even basic things like cheese is hopelessly poor plastic stuff and the salad limper than I don’t know what.

Tracy 315 posts

@NorthernLass, we are indeed at the Kimpton. Lol, it was a bit of a rush serving food on the hop between Nassau and Grand Cayman but they managed it. I was actually quite hungry by then so would have been disappointed with just nuts. Will manage my expectations for the return and fill up at the airport 😂

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

I am normally starving after that flight! Maybe they’ve had complaints from hungry pax, lol. Hope you’re enjoying the Kimpton and getting value out of the “resort fee”! We are booked for August but have a backup booking at the HI as they have already offered us a free upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite which is more attractive with a teenager in tow! I know they are not remotely comparable but we’ll have been in Cayman nearly 3 weeks and can cope with 3 nights there.

There is a Subway at the airport which does surprisingly reasonable sandwiches and pizza, or what some people do (we haven’t managed it yet) is to drop their bags then get the free shuttle to the Georgetown Yacht Club 10 minutes away for a nice late lunch before returning to departures.

Tracy 315 posts

Unfortunately for me the resort fee is a bit of a rip off. Neither me nor OH drink wine and that’s all that’s on offer at social hour plus one canapé 🙁 No car so no use for valet services. I don’t swim so no use of water sports, all in I think it’s $80 for Wi-Fi and a cup of coffee in the am 😂 We have ventured out for food a fair bit, lovely vegan cafe called island naturals, fab salads 😋 Loved fosters supermarket but OMG the prices…had to buy yoghurt & granola for the buffet breakfast as they don’t provide it….no cappuccino included either, think I’m spoiled but I take it for granted at a high end buffet breakfast that I can have a cappuccino and some yoghurt 😂 Its packed here too, should rename it kimpton conferences & kids 😜

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Oh yes the prices! That’s why we take a suitcase of staples like rice, pasta, packet sauces etc. I do remember now looking for yoghurt to have with some fruit and thinking it was odd they didn’t have any at a place which charges $50 pp for breakfast 😂.

The resort fee is definitely a rip-off but we grinned and bore it as the place is a fantastic deal on points. It’ll be interesting to see what the Indigo charges when (and if, knowing that place!) it eventually opens. Have you noticed how they are getting on with it?

Tracy 315 posts

Only thing I brought with me was gin, gotta bring the essentials 😂
    Indigo seems to be moving at a snails pace from what I can see. 2 cranes at it but haven’t seen much activity while we’ve been here but hard to tell what’s happening inside…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.