Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Captcha

• Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

We have upgraded the captcha software today. This allows us to block captchas by URL, so in theory you should not be interrupted anywhere inside the /forums/ part of the site.

(The registration page is outside of this part of the site, so we should still be protected from dodgy attempts to register.)

Let us know if you have any issues. The changes may take a while to percolate.

FatherOfFour 281 posts

Tried posting in the chat thread, got “Captha’d” for the first time ever!

Cranzle 272 posts

I was being asked for Captcha response but there is no Captcha. This was a couple of hours ago.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Tried posting in the chat thread, got “Captha’d” for the first time ever!

You didn’t get captchad, your post just got flagged for moderation I think? The two are distinct.

FatherOfFour 281 posts

Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?
    Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Yes, stuff that gets mangled by Captcha seems to go into moderation it appears.

NorthernLass 7,574 posts

I just got Captcha when quoting 2 posts, but my post did actually post afterwards!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Thanks. Clearly something still not functioning as it should.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

OK. We have knocked off the Captcha until next week, which is the first open spot that our IT guy has to take a look.

davefl 1,220 posts

Still playing spot the bus, so your ‘off switch’ hasn’t worked.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Still playing spot the bus, so your ‘off switch’ hasn’t worked.

OK, it seems there are two off switches 🙂 Now it’s off.

Lady London 2,051 posts

No the captcha is not “Off”.

I suspeect if you have even 1 hfp forum process still running on some server somewhere then replication will not complete.

Captcha 3+3 boats just seen posting – after logging in and previously Replying on a thread without problem.

It appears to have lost the post it captcha’d.

I suppose we can look on the bright side. We’ve gone down from 4+3 boats to 3+3 boats Yaay !

So much for disabling captchas – this software is out of control(and I’ve completely cleared all caches and rebooted earlier today).

EDIT : the post has now appeared. So not all doom amd gloom.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

OK, latest update 🙂

Captcha is back BUT only for the forum registration page. Even on that page, we are using an old-fashioned tick box instead of ‘invisible captcha’.

You should not, as of 2.30pm Monday, be seeing a captcha on any other page of the forum except the registration page – and if you’re reading this, you are probably already registered.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

CAPTCHA issues – we are making progress with the CAPTCHA issues, which still exist.

The examples we’ve been sent only got triggered when quoting another post.

If you get a captcha popping up when replying but NOT quoting, please let us know. Thanks.

Blindman67 135 posts

Just posted a reply to my post in the AMEX forum

Got a Captcha

yes it was a QUote from my earlier post.

Still should not happen on normal forums.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.