Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Cashback on Virgin card taken back

• tw33ty 186 posts

Logged into my virgin card to have a check of the cash back status on some transactions, noticed my cash back available is sitting at a negative number.

Had a couple of Morrison’s for £120+ (Not £120 cash back, only around £25 across the two transactions) In October that were paid in November, so withdrew them against my card, but now a couple of months later, they’ve went back to pending and cash back balance is negative.

I’ve not had the card for long, but is this normal for virgin cards and has it happened to anyone else?

Carlos 758 posts

Did you double dip?

Steven 80 posts

Possibly breached the terms e.g. buying a gift card (not sure if that was one of the terms)?

tw33ty 186 posts

Nope, didn’t double dip, or buy gift cards, was just grocery shopping twice.

I don’t use the card very often, I just use it for non Amex spending or if there’s an offer on that week.

Was more asking if this is the norm with others experiences with the card, as I’d just stop using it for offers if they clawback often and only use it for non Amex

Reney 763 posts

Did you by any chance return anything?

tw33ty 186 posts

Nope, nothing returned, it was just groceries.
    The card wasn’t even registered with virgin shops / curve / airtime or anything.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.