Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Credit card voucher for Clubhouse

• Bob 54 posts

Is it correct that only Silver / Gold members can exchange their CC vouchers for clubhouse passes – Red members can’t?

Has anyone exchanged CC voucher for clubhouse pass – worth it ?

I presume you would still have to be flying VS / AF / KL / DL…

Thanks

thehornets 18 posts

I did this last month..as a Gold member, I exchanged a voucher for 2 passes for my (big, teenage) kids.

They thoroughly enjoyed the overall experience, the unlimited food, the pool table and the really friendly staff.They felt spoiled and it was therefore a good way to start the holiday.

I only used the voucher for lounge access because it would expire before I could use it for flights, which is much better value. Otherwise the kids would have ended up with a ten pound note each and a trip to Pret in T3!

NB We were flying Virgin and the lounge access was added to the booking details so the lounge staff could see it. We didn’t receive an actual voucher in the post.

Paul B 224 posts

I did this last month..as a Gold member, I exchanged a voucher for 2 passes for my (big, teenage) kids.

They thoroughly enjoyed the overall experience, the unlimited food, the pool table and the really friendly staff.They felt spoiled and it was therefore a good way to start the holiday.

I only used the voucher for lounge access because it would expire before I could use it for flights, which is much better value. Otherwise the kids would have ended up with a ten pound note each and a trip to Pret in T3!

NB We were flying Virgin and the lounge access was added to the booking details so the lounge staff could see it. We didn’t receive an actual voucher in the post.

Interesting that the lounge access was added to your booking, I assume they were on the same flight if not the same booking, and you guested your partner? I wonder by way of Gold and by flying Upper (if you were) if you could have guested +2? I know the interpretation with Virgin Atlantic is a little more relaxed than it is with BA.

thehornets 18 posts

I guested in my wife. My two kids were on the same flight but different PNR.

Unfortunately we were not in upper, so couldn’t tell you if we could get an extra person through, but I don’t see why not.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Correct, only Silver / Gold can do this. Seems a bit silly to me.

Mouse 173 posts

The conditions for the clubhouse pass say “For one person to use in any Clubhouse worldwide when flying with Virgin Atlantic, Delta or AFKL International” – does that mean that I could use it to go in the clubhouse prior to a flight to Paris or Amsterdam on AF/KLM, even though I wouldn’t be allowed to do this on the basis of status alone? Seems a bit odd but also quite clear.

SGJNI 69 posts

Different terminals at LHR

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.