Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Choice of lounge at T5? Galleries North or South?

• yorkshireRich 187 posts

Hi all, think this is just about the most relevant sub forum to post this. we are going to Dubai next week but we have a 6 hour transit at LHR terminal 5. Just had the email today from BA Holidays regarding lounge access. As the topic title suggests really, which one if any is “better”.

Thanks.

NorthernLass 7,473 posts

A few years ago I would have said South but then they both got as crowded as each other. No idea what they’ve been like recently though.
    it’s all free F & B though 😂

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    John 1,000 posts

You can go to both, and also T5B lounge. Dubai flights I think are usually from B gates, sometimes C, but could be from A – if you need to go back to A, you must walk back on level -4, DO NOT take the train.

Aston100 1,382 posts

I was at the one near the B gates last month.
    Exceeded my expectations given all the BA bashing I see here all the time.

TGLoyalty 494 posts

You can go to both, and also T5B lounge. Dubai flights I think are usually from B gates, sometimes C, but could be from A – if you need to go back to A, you must walk back on level -4, DO NOT take the train.

Didn’t think A had A350 nor A380 capable gates. Very few 777 too?

Amy C 369 posts

Was in North couple of weeks ago then moved to B gates. B gate one much quieter and more lovely.

SteveJ 977 posts

Is there a list somewhere of where flights regularly depart from? Quieter B gate lounge sounds great, but not if you have to walk back to A for the gate, and often gate is published until closer to flight time?

davefl 1,218 posts

The staff member that checks you in at the B gate lounge will be able to tell you what gate it’s sheduled from way in advance of it being published on the boatds.

When I turned up at B lounge 6 hours ahead of my flight he volunteered that info and also warned me against getting the train back to A

SteveJ 977 posts

The staff member that checks you in at the B gate lounge will be able to tell you what gate it’s sheduled from way in advance of it being published on the boatds.

When I turned up at B lounge 6 hours ahead of my flight he volunteered that info and also warned me against getting the train back to A

Thanks, but by that time you’re already in B gate and are lumbered with the faff if indeed your flight is from A, I guess could check with the staff at A and then decide.

davefl 1,218 posts

Walking B to A is about as long as walking the full length of A but it’s completely deserted in the tunnel. No faff, peace and quiet. I was so bored during my 7 hours I walked A to C and back a couple of times just to stretch my legs.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

My fave is always T5B. So much quieter, and a good opportunity to stretch your legs on the underground walkway.

Matt 320 posts

With 6 hours go for B gates lounge – you’re hardly so pushed for time that it’s a problem even in the unlikely event that your next flight goes from A gates.

yorkshireRich 187 posts

My fave is always T5B. So much quieter, and a good opportunity to stretch your legs on the underground walkway.

I have had a good read of that today.
    I feel like I’m an expert in this “secret” tunnel now.

yorkshireRich 187 posts

Can I just say thanks to the hfp community. My wife sometimes thinks I’m abit of a geek always looking on here for tips and researching advice for holidays and trips, but she is very pleased this afternoon. We saw two members of staff for the journey under the tunnel and spend over 5 hours in the lounge at 5B. Ordered plenty of hot tasty food and sipped champagne.
    We are now in galleries South but it’s a lot more crowded and certainly no where near the standard of 5B.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.