Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Accor Live Limitless Close to obtaining Silver status prior to the end of the year

• FearlessTraveller 54 posts

I have a booking for the 27th of December until the 3rd of january – and I’m 4 nights away from obtaining Silver Status.

Assuming the Status nights will reset on 1 Jan, will still be able to get silver Status before the end of the year, or are the nights only credited after checking out of the Hotel?

Also,if I were to stay some additional nights, will those cocount towards obtaining Gold Status? Because I extended my stay twice at the beginning of the year, but the hotel never credited those nights on my account

ffwd 58 posts

After check out.
    But is Silver even worth anything?

anuj 98 posts

I would not chase 4 nights. It’s much cheaper to buy a single Accor share and get gold status through the share rewards programme they have. You can also status match with Qatar now.

FearlessTraveller 54 posts

I would not chase 4 nights. It’s much cheaper to buy a single Accor share and get gold status through the share rewards programme they have. You can also status match with Qatar now.

Interesting. How does the share rewards programme work?

Skywalker 699 posts

Silver with Accor really isn’t much at all. A couple of free drinks and not much else.

If you are hellbent on spending money with them however, you can actually buy gold status via Ibis.

From memory they’re not too bothered about what type of business.

direttore 22 posts

I’ve just “bought” the Ibis card and showing Gold status almost instantly.
    I run a limited company. But no questions were asked during the application.

I’m actually wondering if I can parlay it into Silver with Qatar as suggested by some random corners of the internet.

DarrenS 91 posts

I have just bought The Ibis card for £54. Gold until 12/24.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Isn’t it £65 for the card in the UK?

TGLoyalty 533 posts

Worth doing before a sizeable stay I’ll keep in mind.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

I did the maths in the recent article on ibis Business. There is a breakeven point where you make a profit by buying ibis Business before a pricey Accor stay due to the value of the Gold status bonus.

lifelessordinary.xyz 23 posts

Just linked my accounts and noticed the fast track offer to OW Ruby and QR Silver

It looks like if you have Gold status in Accor you can fast track to QR Silver after one flight on Qatar.

I was planning on buying ibis business membership which would give gold status in ALL Accor @direttore would be interested in knowing how you got in with this. Will you attempt to match to QR silver?

@anuj
    Is it really only one share? I thought the minimum holding was 50 ?

RussellH 154 posts

I have 3 Accor shares that I bought in order to get Status, but I could find no way to link the shares to my existing a/c – I was just invited to set up a new a/c.
    I would be very grateful for any tips on how to do this.

Skywalker 699 posts

I have 3 Accor shares that I bought in order to get Status, but I could find no way to link the shares to my existing a/c – I was just invited to set up a new a/c.

I wondered about how one would go about buying the Accor shares to begin with as they’re not UK based – so maybe share some how-tos for that (noting all the usual shares can go up/down caveats 🙂 )

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

I wondered about how one would go about buying the Accor shares to begin with as they’re not UK based – so maybe share some how-tos for that (noting all the usual shares can go up/down caveats 🙂 )

I believe that Accor customer services should be able to merge accounts so perhaps set-up and then merge?

Regarding the share purchase, Accor is listed on the Euronext and some UK platforms will allow you to buy and hold such stock (I am on Interative Investor and you can definitely purchase Accor SA on there – currently around Euro 30 a share).

Skywalker 699 posts

I believe that Accor customer services should be able to merge accounts so perhaps set-up and then merge?

Regarding the share purchase, Accor is listed on the Euronext and some UK platforms will allow you to buy and hold such stock (I am on Interative Investor and you can definitely purchase Accor SA on there – currently around Euro 30 a share).

Understood @GuernseyGlobetrotter – thanks!

Roy 12 posts

It appears you need 50 shares unless the shares are held in registered form – which I suspect is not going to be possible if you buy via a UK platform. Here’s a blog post of someone in Canada who bought 50 shares (currently an investment of around €1,500) and successfully upgraded their existing ALL account to Gold.

https://milesopedia.com/en/rewards/accor-shareholders-club-gold-elite-status/

EDIT: However, seems that joining the Shareholder Club only gives you a one-off upgrade to ALL gold (valid until the end of the following year). Although you remain a member of the Shareholder Club as long as you hold the shares, it doesn’t seem like there’s any way of renewing the Gold card after the first year. So not really an interesting way of getting ALL status IMO.

https://group.accor.com/en/finance/individual-shareholders/terms-and-conditions-of-accor-shareholders-club-membership

traveller 5 posts

It appears you need 50 shares unless the shares are held in registered form – which I suspect is not going to be possible if you buy via a UK platform. Here’s a blog post of someone in Canada who bought 50 shares (currently an investment of around €1,500) and successfully upgraded their existing ALL account to Gold.

I did this last week and got gold status 4 days later quite efficient. But seems silly if it’s only for 2 years and you’re still holding their shares.

Any idea how to get to the next tier?
    EDIT: However, seems that joining the Shareholder Club only gives you a one-off upgrade to ALL gold (valid until the end of the following year). Although you remain a member of the Shareholder Club as long as you hold the shares, it doesn’t seem like there’s any way of renewing the Gold card after the first year. So not really an interesting way of getting ALL status IMO.

https://group.accor.com/en/finance/individual-shareholders/terms-and-conditions-of-accor-shareholders-club-membership

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

From what I can find online, the QR fast track from Accor is capacity controlled, or have I missed something?

Just linked my accounts and noticed the fast track offer to OW Ruby and QR Silver

It looks like if you have Gold status in Accor you can fast track to QR Silver after one flight on Qatar.

I was planning on buying ibis business membership which would give gold status in ALL Accor @direttore would be interested in knowing how you got in with this. Will you attempt to match to QR silver?

@anuj
    Is it really only one share? I thought the minimum holding was 50 ?

Patrick 5 posts

I did this last week and got gold status 4 days later quite efficient. But seems silly if it’s only for 2 years and you’re still holding their shares.

Any idea how to get to the next tier?

Confirmed, from the French website a one-off upgrade to Gold until the end of the following year for people holding 50 shares or more
    For those with a French account, it might be worthwile going through the payment cards route:
    https://all.accor.com/loyalty-program/payment-cards/index.fr.shtml
    the mid-level card is free for the 1st year and gives Silver status after one stay.

meta 1,439 posts

Why buy shares to get status for 1500 euros when you can purchase Ibis Business and All Voyageur for less then 300 euros and get Gold (it was even less during recent promo)?

mzb 64 posts

Why buy shares to get status for 1500 euros when you can purchase Ibis Business and All Voyageur for less then 300 euros and get Gold (it was even less during recent promo)?

Stating the obvious but the shares retain some value (may go up or down)…. the 300 EUR is, well, spent

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.