Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Clubhouse updates

• AL 577 posts

Some Clubhouse updates:

– Plaza Premium still manage the Clubhouses at BOS, JFK, SFO, IAD and EWR.
    – Plaza Premium guests no longer have access to BOS or JFK effective immediately.
    – Plaza Premium guests no longer have access to SFO or IAD effective end of this month.
    – Plaza Premium guests will still have access to EWR until otherwise announced.

At JFK, there has been re-training of staff (managed by the LHR Clubhouse team). A new menu has appeared, with afternoon tea back. And there’s been some TLC to the fittings on the easily-maintained bits, with other stuff to follow.

I would imagine that, given EWR isn’t part of the route network any more, we might see that lounge be discontinued in future and, perhaps, even replaced with one elsewhere.

BajiNahid 167 posts

Wonder if this impacts dragonpass too?

AL 577 posts

Wonder if this impacts dragonpass too?

AmEx Platinum and Venture X cardholders have lost access, along with paying customers directly through Plaza Premium. DragonPass and Plaza Premium have a “strategic partnership” (https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/news/416505575) which provided reciprocal access so, if we assume that Plaza Premium’s other partnerships and direct customers are not gaining access, then I would suspect that DragonPass access is also being rescinded, but I haven’t heard anything about that exact point.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,072 posts

I would suggest that given VS have apparently taken back control of the CH (even though Plaza are still operating it) that any non VS access (other than via their airline partnerships) will end.

Not sure how they will deal with people who bought access via Expedia for the future though.

AL 577 posts

I would suggest that given VS have apparently taken back control of the CH (even though Plaza are still operating it) that any non VS access (other than via their airline partnerships) will end.

Not sure how they will deal with people who bought access via Expedia for the future though.

Buying access via Expedia is presumably because Plaza advertised it there, so it’s simply a case of “sorry, times have changed, here’s a refund” (or access elsewhere if there’s another PP site in the same outpost).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.