Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Companion Voucher redeposit – but I still have the flights

Companion Voucher redeposit – but I still have the flights

• bennymoon

Hi all,

First time poster! I recently used my companion voucher, booked the outbound online and then booked the return via call centre when the date went live. In my BAEC transaction history it shows the voucher I used for the outbound flight being redeposited and then redeemed again for the full return trip, however the voucher is still sitting in my account. I haven’t tried to book anything on it and probably won’t as I don’t have enough Avios now anyway. I have a few questions:

Has the voucher been put back into my account in error?

Would it still work if I used it again even though the voucher number is linked to a confirmed ticketed booking?

Should it disappear automatically after a few days while all the systems align?

If it’s showing as available, might something have gone wrong with the booking which would cause problems turning up at the Airport?

Any help appreciated!

tiriavpo

Yes, there are a few comments about this – it is always worth having a look through previous posts but this is one: https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/241-new-style-companion-voucher-redeemed-but-still-showing-as-usable/

If you have an e-ticket, and the trip appears in your bookings, with your BAEC number, and you can go into MMB, you should be fine.

FlyingPtarmigan

Do check that the flight has been ticketed, rather than just showing in manage my booking. Two days before a recent redemption trip BA contacted me because they forgotten to take payment of £5.70, which was preventing ticketing. The 241 had reappeared in my account.

Jonathans

Same happened to me. In my case I think the problem stemmed from cancelling the original booking, then cancelling the second booking for a FTV and then rebooking involving the call centre. Both flights are ticketed and i have flown the first one so fingers crossed i’ll still be ok for the second flight. Given the monetary (taxes and fees) element was fine I assume BA don’t reconcile vouchers and\or Avios.

bennymoon

I can confirm that BA have charged me the extra money and I have received an email with the updated e-ticket and the ticket numbers appear in Manage My Booking so I think it should hopefully all be ok!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.