Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Confirmation e-mail for 100,000 Avios after following all steps?

• FarAway 33 posts

Hello – so… card opened, account opened, avios rewards enabled. Should I expect an e-mail confirming that I’ll be getting 100,000 avios in end of February?

GimmeMorePoints 93 posts

Yes, but don’t expect anything immediately. I only got mine after 5 days.

Leigh 30 posts

And don’t expect everything is accurate in the email. I received the email about 7 days after the new Avios card was delivered. The email says that I need to switch on the Avios rewards to get the 100,000 bonus points, but my Avios reward has been on for many months!

tp1404 33 posts

I already had the Avios Plus card and switched on Premier Avios Rewards on 3rd October, but have never received an email about getting the 100,000 bonus Avios. I’ve contacted Barclays twice now on chat and they say they confirm I’m eligible but the email could take some time. Why do I suspect it’s not going to be a smooth process?

FarAway 33 posts

Thanks! I am also trying to complete a full account switch via the app but I keep on getting an error message while I am typing old account’s details. Did anyone have the same problem?

tp1404 33 posts

My switch went OK but that was a few weeks back now. Can you initiate a switch from online banking rather than the app?

FarAway 33 posts

I don’t think this can be done via online banking, can it? It says that it’s only available via app or in branch

PAUL7331 12 posts

I don’t think this can be done via online banking, can it? It says that it’s only available via app or in branch

I’m at the exact same bit as you mate. What a nightmare!
    I only opened premier account yesterday but trouble so far.
    I called and they said ‘wait for the PIN number’ and try again. Why? 🤷🏻‍♂️

duggie1982 262 posts

I have opened the account and upgraded card but it says my card will be upgraded after next statement date (15th Nov) so going to wait until then before i switch to the avios £12 plan as no point getting charged for it from now as they say the 4 months time starts once all steps have been completed.

I will think about doing the current account switch too for the 25k

n166 10 posts

me too – i received an email outlining all the other Avios rewards details a day after signing up to premier banking. but nothing in the email references the 100,000 points…

Welcome to Barclays Avios Rewards. We’re delighted you’ve joined and we hope you’ll enjoy all the benefits it brings.

Now you’ve turned on this great new feature, you’ll start collecting Avios. You’ll see the Avios you collect with us in our app and your British Airways Executive Club account, where you can spend them on the travel experiences you want.

Your Barclays Avios Rewards features
    • Joining bonus – Get off to a flying start with an Avios bonus for turning on Barclays Avios Rewards

○ You’ll receive a 2,500 Avios joining bonus if you’re already a Barclays Premier customer, or have had a current account with us for 4 months or more, when you joined Barclays Avios Rewards. Your joining bonus will be awarded on the same day as your first monthly Avios reward

○ Or, if you’ve joined Barclays Avios Rewards within four months of opening your first Barclays current account you could receive 25,000 Avios. You’ll need to complete a full switch of your existing non-Barclays current account to us via the Current Account Switch Service (CASS) within three months of joining Barclays Avios Rewards (if you hadn’t already done so). Your joining bonus will be awarded after you’ve had Barclays Avios Rewards for four months

• Monthly reward – 1,500 Avios every month for choosing Barclays Avios Rewards. That’s 18,000 Avios every year, which could be enough for a peak, economy (Euro Traveller) return flight to Nice1

• Anniversary reward – You’ll receive a British Airways cabin upgrade voucher to use on an Avios reward flight booking2 after 12 monthly payments for Barclays Avios Rewards. You can find out more information about the cabin upgrade voucher in the Barclays app. There are additional terms and conditions for these vouchers- please visit the British Airways website for more information

Collecting Avios for a monthly fee of £12 is just the start – see how you could boost your Avios further
    • Mortgage reward – Collect 700 Avios each month for one personal residential mortgage and for each personal buy-to-let mortgage you have with us. You could also receive a joining bonus of 2,000 Avios for one new residential mortgage, and any new buy-to-let mortgages you open after or within 30 days before turning on Barclays Avios Rewards

• Barclayloan reward – Collect 200 Avios each month for each loan you have or open with us (minimum loan amount is £5,000). You’ll also receive a joining bonus of 2,000 Avios for a new loan, including any you opened up to 30 days before turning on Barclays Avios Rewards. You can only receive this joining bonus once, even if you take out more than one Barclayloan

4.3% APR representative on loans of £7500 to £15000 over 2 – 5 years (your rate may differ). Subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history3
    • Life insurance reward – If you have or take out life insurance without critical illness cover, you’ll receive 150 Avios a month for a maximum period of 12 months. Or, if you have or take out life insurance with critical illness cover, you’ll receive 500 Avios each month for a maximum of 12 months. We’ll start counting the 12 months from the start date of the policy. This reward isn’t available to you if you have a Wealth current account

• Home Insurance reward – You’ll receive 75 Avios each month for a maximum of 12 months when you have or open contents or buildings insurance with us. If you have both, you’ll receive 150 Avios each month for a maximum period of 12 months. We’ll start counting this from the time you took out or renewed the policy. This reward isn’t available to you if you have a Wealth current account

Daiboy1980 45 posts

I have followed all the steps Rob has instructed. However, no emails re the 100k points. A little bit nervous, as Barclays have never filled me with confidence.

Any timescale on the confirmation of eligibility? Not willing to switch my banking unless the 100k materialise.

n166 10 posts

i did now receive the 100k email – it took 3-4 days to come through

AndyD 7 posts

No email for me? i already had premier for a few years and upgraded my plat to avios plus. When are we supposed to get the points?

JDB 4,374 posts

If you opened the Avios Plus after 3 October and you have Avios Rewards switched on in your Premier account you should be eligible. You then need to keep both accounts open for four months (the exact date should be in your eligibility email) and the terms say you will get the 100k Avios within two months of that end date.

AndyD 7 posts

Thanks, I’ll hold out for the email, switched on the 11th October.

Daiboy1980 45 posts

Applied on the 22nd October – ID etc all verified same day and account active. 100k email received today.

londonhdl 10 posts

My credit card arrived on 10 days ago. That was the last product turned on. I never received a Welcome email. Anyone else not received one? Barclays on the phone didn’t fill me with confidence – they thought I was eligible but it doesn’t sound like there is any records on the account as such. Fingers crossed the points credit in Feb.

RTS 124 posts

No email for me. It has been 3 weeks ha.

robato 53 posts

My credit card arrived on 10 days ago. That was the last product turned on. I never received a Welcome email. Anyone else not received one? Barclays on the phone didn’t fill me with confidence – they thought I was eligible but it doesn’t sound like there is any records on the account as such. Fingers crossed the points credit in Feb.

Upgraded free Avios card on 5th Oct and accepted.
    Applied for Premier account on 5th Oct (somehow had 2 x premier accounts opened and was referred for ID by the app but wasn’t needed in the end).
    Avios Plus card switched from free one on 12 Oct.
    Avios Rewards enabled on Premier on 13th Oct.

I also didn’t t received a welcome letter/email/in-app message for the premier account, nor confirmation email about qualifying for the bonus Avios. In-app, they’ve only sent me T%C’s for the new Barclaycard, Avios Rewards and confirmation of current account switch. It’s been far from smooth so fingers crossed here too!

londonhdl 10 posts

I eventually got my email after about 15 days.

adam321 2 posts

Sorry can I please ask a question regarding this…. I do not earn the large salary required for this bank account or the 100k in savings, if I pay the set fee each month will I be eligible for the 100 000 avios points?

PAUL7331 12 posts

Sorry can I please ask a question regarding this…. I do not earn the large salary required for this bank account or the 100k in savings, if I pay the set fee each month will I be eligible for the 100 000 avios points?

Yes mate. Worst case scenario is that you’ll pay £20 fee per month as you don’t earn 75k per year but it’ not reviewed for 12 months apparently!

adam321 2 posts

Brilliant thank you for the quick answer.

LindyLoo 36 posts

I don’t bring in a large salary being a NHS worker but jointly with my husband we bring in over the £75K required, do they consider the joint income or is it only the primary single applicant, I’ve went through the T&C’s and there’s no reference to joint income or joint account to be over £75K or do they want a joint income of over £150K?

LindyLoo 36 posts

Well I’ve just bit the bullet and applied for a Barclay account after being with Santander since it was Alliance & Leicester… never felt the need until now! Too many Avios to be ignored!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.