Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Confirmation e-mail for 100,000 Avios after following all steps?

• RTS 123 posts

I finally got the email 3 days ago. C.1month since applying for the CC (was already a premier customer)

Scottpat78 240 posts

Opened my account after a visit to a branch on Thurs 3rd Nov, received the email confirming 100k eligibility today, 4 days later.

Gary 294 posts

For those who have a joint Premier account, Avios+ CC, and who never bothered to chase the £5 monthly dual avios reward. You might be in for a treat!

May 21 Barclay joint account opened (Player A & B, player B opted for Avios Rewards).

April 22 Player A accepted for Avios+ CC.

Nov 22 rung Barclays to asked re missing Dual Avios Reward (£5 x 6 months). CSA advised to benefit from the rebate, Player A needs to join Avios Rewards. So Player B cancelled own Avios Rewards via app & Player A switched on Avios Rewards all whist on the call.

Email received 2 days later eligible for 100k avios (literally few touches in the app)! Of course as a good HfP reader I perhaps should have asked for a goodwill gesture of £30 as we genuinely didn’t know names need to aligned to benefit from dual avios rewards; although, I am reluctant to push the boat out.

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Have just been approved for Avios Plus CC and Premier account and turned on Avios rewards, no confirmation email received though from reading the responses here I’m not expecting it any time soon.

A question with regards to the account switch though, I’ve started this process in the app (after countless error messages), is there an email confirming the 25,000 avios bonus for this?

buchanan101 95 posts

Took out Avios Plus CC a month ago – already had BC Premier AC for over a year.

Received an email today suggesting I should apply for the AVios Plus CC…

Not sure all their ducks are in a row yet, seeing I had to contact them about the £5 fee credit

Reney 752 posts

Have just been approved for Avios Plus CC and Premier account and turned on Avios rewards, no confirmation email received though from reading the responses here I’m not expecting it any time soon.

A question with regards to the account switch though, I’ve started this process in the app (after countless error messages), is there an email confirming the 25,000 avios bonus for this?

Can anyone tell me how to initiate account switch? I had to de-register the app > new to Barclays > to open an account. But nothing about a switch ever came up. It sounds like others have initiated the switch after in the app? Where on earth is the button for that?

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Can anyone tell me how to initiate account switch? I had to de-register the app > new to Barclays > to open an account. But nothing about a switch ever came up. It sounds like others have initiated the switch after in the app? Where on earth is the button for that?

If you click on “Products” down in the bottom menu, then scroll down to “Our Services”, “Switch Current Account” is the first one listed. (This is on iOS, no clue if it’s different on other phones)

Mind you it is extremely frustrating to switch, as every time I entered in the sort code it would tell me an error has occurred and kick me out of the switch, having to click back in and try again. Once you get the sort code to stick it’ll error on the account code! Did this over and over for about 30mins before finally completing the switch request.

VerdantBacon 141 posts

I’ve just realised that I dont even have a welcome email for the Avios Plus CC which was approved on Wednesday, or for the Premier account which was approved yesterday!

Reney 752 posts

If you click on “Products” down in the bottom menu, then scroll down to “Our Services”, “Switch Current Account” is the first one listed. (This is on iOS, no clue if it’s different on other phones)

Mind you it is extremely frustrating to switch, as every time I entered in the sort code it would tell me an error has occurred and kick me out of the switch, having to click back in and try again. Once you get the sort code to stick it’ll error on the account code! Did this over and over for about 30mins before finally completing the switch request.

@VerdantBacon
    thanks so much!!!! Found it but error coding repeatedly. Nightmare. Rob/ Rhys if you are reading this, can you pls tell Barclays to fix it? I happily switch my account but they are not letting me!

Also despite saying chat is available 24/7 the option is completely gone at the moment. This is quite possibly the worst banking experience I have ever had. I now remember why I left them.

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Yes the error coding is extremely frustrating, I ended up copying my account code and whenever the sort code would stick, I’d then paste in the account code and that seemed to work. The difficulty is in getting the sort code to stick and it seems the more buttons you press the more chance it has of erroring out.

bakayaro 6 posts

@VerdantBacon
    thanks so much!!!! Found it but error coding repeatedly. Nightmare. Rob/ Rhys if you are reading this, can you pls tell Barclays to fix it? I happily switch my account but they are not letting me!

Also despite saying chat is available 24/7 the option is completely gone at the moment. This is quite possibly the worst banking experience I have ever had. I now remember why I left them.

You need to keep trying repeatedly, make sure you have all account details on hand. It took me 10 tries before it allowed me to fill all the fields otherwise it would normally give an error when filling the account number or sort code.

robato 52 posts

I got a confirmation that my switch was successful but there wasn’t any specific mention about the bonus Avios in the letter. In the app, it shows 25,000 Avios for “Avios Prem joining bonus” since I opened the Premier a/c but it hasn’t been credited to my Avios balance nor shows in pending so a little strange.

Mind you, I haven’t received a confirmation email about the 100,000 bonus either despite successfully opening both the Premier a/c + Avios Plus card in mid October. A little worrying when others are getting it after only a few days.

MancScot 5 posts

When opening the current account online, I was told that my ID could not be validated and I would have to call the 0345 number to book an appointment at my nearest branch. On hold for 20 minutes and was then told that the next appointment would be January! I think the only option would be to just walk in and hope for the best. Anyone had a similar issue?

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Have finally gotten both the CC and current account showing in one app, still no welcome emails let alone a confirmation of the 100,000, with both products in the one app and therefore one customer account, should I assume the 100,000 will credit correctly?

Hvych_ 3 posts

Have finally gotten both the CC and current account showing in one app, still no welcome emails let alone a confirmation of the 100,000, with both products in the one app and therefore one customer account, should I assume the 100,000 will credit correctly?

Currently having a similar issue – I’ve been accepted for and received cards for both products but only my Premier account is showing in the Barclays app. How did you get around this? Is it just a simple call to Barclays?

You’d expect the 24/7 lines to be open for Premier banking but upon calling I’m told they’re only open 9-5!

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Currently having a similar issue – I’ve been accepted for and received cards for both products but only my Premier account is showing in the Barclays app. How did you get around this? Is it just a simple call to Barclays?

You’d expect the 24/7 lines to be open for Premier banking but upon calling I’m told they’re only open 9-5!

I tried calling yesterday but ran out of time between meetings to wait on hold, was going to call again today but when I checked the Barclays main app, I saw my credit card had appeared right below the current account in the accounts screen. I didn’t do anything so I guess it sorts itself out.

For reference, I applied for the CC two weeks ago and the Premier account last week. So maybe just need to wait a bit!

Asked 1 post

Anyone in a similar position?

I’ve been approved for the avios plus CC and the premier account. However, my credit limit for the CC is only 200GBP. i’ve submitted my payslips as requested, but have not heard back in a week.

And just today i got an email from dragonpass saying i’m “no longer a Dual Avios Reward customer with Barclays” and dragonpass premier+ membership has changed. Not sure why they’re saying that, as I believe I qualify as a Dual Avios Reward customer, unless barclaycard has stopped my CC? No other comms from barclays..

duggie1982 261 posts

Sort of data point

Upgraded last month from BC avios free to plus last month but had to wait till 15th November (statement date) before they sent my card. Got the card today.

Opened the premier account last month also but did not apply for avios rewards until 15th November as no point in paying for it until i got all 3 sorted.

For the bonus 25k i switched an account i just set up and got a switching bonus for the beginning of November (may as well maximise my earnings as i did not have a spare bank account i wanted closing) so got £125 from Lloyds with that and switched it to Barclays a few days ago (no 25k email yet).

Got the 100k email today, only 3 days after opening all 3 advising to keep account until 18th March.

Also i noticed that i have now got a £10000 spend target for another cabin upgrade voucher (got the other one at £20000 spend on free BC avios in September) so was not expecting that, and another if i keep avios rewards for 12 months.

So if i keep the £12 avios rewards and do the 10k pend i will have a total of 3 cabin upgrades, not too shabby

duggie1982 261 posts

And just checked my barclays account and its already showing the 25000 points

robato 52 posts

Anyone else still not received a confirmation email after 5 weeks since activating everything? Does it also show up as a paperless document in the app or is it just an email?

All my accounts and cards are working and marketing preferences are on and I got one email when I opened the Premier account selling me the travel pack and another one about the Dragonpass changes. Received internet banking PIN and current account switch info through the post but other than that, I’ve not received any other communication from Barclays and never got any welcome messages for my newly opened accounts, which I find quite unusual.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.