Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club CPH DOH Finnair business 20k Avios and £40!?

• PB2 198 posts

Watching a YouTube video by “Charles on Travels” this evening – he highlighted that via the BAEC you can fly Finnair business CPH to DOH for only 20,000 Avios and £39.90 one way. I had to see it to believe it and yes it’s true – his example was 20 April as a test. CPH being easy to get to and a nice stop over city if required. Can anyone explain how this pricing fits in with the BAEC partner airline reward chart?!

davefl 1,224 posts

It appears to be an error as the economy flight is pricing at 21500 Avios + £ 54.60. Grab it while you can

PB2 198 posts

For me the Finnair direct in economy is pricing as 11,750 Avios + £ 39.90.

davefl 1,224 posts

And the Finnair was higher in business? The Qatar was the one at 20k wasn’t it? I got confused as it kept telling me I had multiple tabs open and crashing out. Whatever… I’m sure it’s an error so grab it quick.

one way cash in bus on Finnair is £1078 and Qatar is £2851, so either is a bargain.

PB2 198 posts

Yep I was only looking only at the Finnair flight. I agree it has to be an error? I’ve no imminent need to get to DOH but hopefully helps someone at that price!

zapato1060 639 posts

Wow thanks. Even DOH-CPH is the same. Can only find 1 business class seat no matter the date though.

slidey 287 posts

Finnair flights booked via baec are fully cancellable arent they?

Book first ask questions later 😀

Amy C 372 posts

Give me strength. There I was trying desperately to find a way as cheaply as possible to get another 160 TP by June 8th with my limited time off….then I saw this post and now have inexplicably booked this deal to DOH on points [eye roll emoji]. Least I can cancel within 24hrs if I come to my senses.

sturgeon 193 posts

So this is cancellable within 24 hours for no charge? What’s the charge after then?

Was close to booking the BA ‘error’ fare last night so this looks even better. Will these include Finnairs new seat? How do we find this out?

t0m 74 posts

Not wasting any time on this one.. I jumped in quick! 😀 Epic value.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Finnair rewards now price off the Finnair reward chart (as of two weeks ago, when Finnair adopted Avios). Not that this should impact why this is happening.

Amy C 372 posts

Watching a YouTube video by “Charles on Travels” this evening – he highlighted that via the BAEC you can fly Finnair business CPH to DOH for only 20,000 Avios and £39.90 one way. I had to see it to believe it and yes it’s true – his example was 20 April as a test. CPH being easy to get to and a nice stop over city if required. Can anyone explain how this pricing fits in with the BAEC partner airline reward chart?!

I can’t find this ‘Charles on Travels’.

Starting to regret booking this. Have 12hrs to cancel. Wondering how much of a steal it is, especially when have had to fork out to get to CPH. 🤔

NorthernLass 7,596 posts

It sounds like you’re better going for the 160 TPs! Have you tried the low fare finder? You could even do a domestic BA Holiday so you can go home between flights.

PB2 198 posts

https://youtu.be/255v1S_CmAs?feature=shared

@AmyC – above is the link to the video. Please delete the link if not allowed – I have no connection with it whatsoever. Whilst obviously inconvenient compared to a direct flight, valuing an Avios at 1p, you’re talking only £480 return in Finnair flat bed business, a solid business class product even on their old seat (no idea if the A330 used has the newer seat?). It’s only a deal if you want/need to get there but it’s unquestionably ridiculously good value. And CPH far cheaper to get to than HEL for example.

t0m 74 posts

@AmyC – above is the link to the video. Please delete the link if not allowed – I have no connection with it whatsoever. Whilst obviously inconvenient compared to a direct flight, valuing an Avios at 1p, you’re talking only £480 return in Finnair flat bed business, a solid business class product even on their old seat (no idea if the A330 used has the newer seat?). It’s only a deal if you want/need to get there but it’s unquestionably ridiculously good value. And CPH far cheaper to get to than HEL for example.

Indeed, 4750 avios each way in economy from LHR to CPH..

Amy C 372 posts

It sounds like you’re better going for the 160 TPs! Have you tried the low fare finder? You could even do a domestic BA Holiday so you can go home between flights.

Yes have been doing so for two weeks almost. I could kick myself as could have done Dublin day trip for £156 for example but I let the sale slide and now they’re loads more, same with Scotland and AMS. I was just surprised this DOH deal didn’t pique the interest of far more people. Made me slightly suspicious that it wasn’t that amazing.

Sorry t0m, I accidentally reported your comment above when trying to quote it and then my whole reply to you has vanished. Was only saying how I’ve had to go CE to CPH as economy flights that are available do not match up with the DOH flights.

Amy C 372 posts

Indeed, 4750 avios each way in economy from LHR to CPH..

Sorry, accidentally reported your comment instead of quoting. Unfortunately economy flights available in mid April don’t match the DOH ones so have had to go business there.

ekposh 190 posts

I’d never realised the value. Even SIN is 62.5k + £30. That’s probably about as good value as using a BAPP 241.

PB2 198 posts

Interesting. Departing SIN you can now get an early boarding pass at the Jewel, then go and enjoy the Qatar Premium lounge with your business class ticket too.

executiveclubber 274 posts

I’d never realised the value. Even SIN is 62.5k + £30. That’s probably about as good value as using a BAPP 241.

Which dates are you finding this? I can’t find any!

Aston100 1,383 posts

62500 + £44 when I looked.
    That is amazing.

PB2 198 posts

Is this all special pricing for Finnair CPH ops?

Mart16 48 posts

62500 + £44 when I looked.
    That is amazing.

Is this still only one seat per flight or is there more? For DOH was only ever showing one seat.

ekposh 190 posts

HEL and CPH seem the same. CPH is about £10 more but same Avios.

I was just curious so looked at many dates in Feb 25. Mostly just the one seat yes, but a few dates did have 2.

So is this an error / special fare or just normal chart? EDIT: normal chart pricing

Amy C 372 posts

HEL and CPH seem the same. CPH is about £10 more but same Avios.

I was just curious so looked at many dates in Feb 25. Mostly just the one seat yes, but a few dates did have 2.

So is this an error / special fare or just normal chart? EDIT: normal chart pricing

Ah so it IS normal. In that case I can chill out a bit as it’s not going anywhere. I cancelled my flight this morning and the rebooked it so I had another 24hrs thinking/cancellation time.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.