Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club CPH DOH Finnair business 20k Avios and £40!?

• Aston100 1,383 posts

Is this all special pricing for Finnair CPH ops?

HEL and CPH seem the same. CPH is about £10 more but same Avios.

I was just curious so looked at many dates in Feb 25. Mostly just the one seat yes, but a few dates did have 2.

So is this an error / special fare or just normal chart? EDIT: normal chart pricing

Ah so it IS normal. In that case I can chill out a bit as it’s not going anywhere. I cancelled my flight this morning and the rebooked it so I had another 24hrs thinking/cancellation time.

20k Avios + £40 for non-stop business class to Doha is not normal pricing and can only be a glitch.

PB2 198 posts

My thoughts too, with the caveat I have little knowledge of Finnair reward pricing.

Amy C 372 posts

Zone Economy Class Premium Economy Business Class
    Finland and Northern Europe* 6,500 Avios – 10,000 Avios
    Central Europe** 12,000 Avios – 18,000 Avios
    Western and Southern Europe*** 13,000 Avios – 20,000 Avios
    Canary Islands, Madeira, Eilat and Tel Aviv**** 15,000 Avios – 25,000 Avios
    Doha, Dubai and India***** 28,000 Avios 42,000 Avios 55,000 Avios
    Most of Asia and North America****** 30,000 Avios 43,500 Avios 62,500 Avios
    Japan, Singapore and Los Angeles******* 30,000 Avios 43,500 Avios 62,500 Avios

Yep must be a glitch.

sam5035 21 posts

I’ve seen a few odd seat during the Sept to Dec but it seems like only 1 seat is available

ToffeeTom 34 posts

I’ve seen a few odd seat during the Sept to Dec but it seems like only 1 seat is available

I’d be interested to know if anyone managed to identify and book a date with 2 seats – I too was only able to find dates with only 1 seat available.

warrior01 9 posts

I booked a return for late May from Stockholm, and there are/were a few with 2 business seats available. The tax is slightly more expensive (£43ish each way) but still seems to be some available.

sam5035 21 posts

I couldn’t find any dates in May..

warrior01 9 posts

The following dates from ARN to DOH are available in Biz in May:
    – 6th
    – 7th
    – 9th
    – 13th
    – 15th
    … and a few others. Looks like okayish availability.

wookie192 74 posts

Give me strength. There I was trying desperately to find a way as cheaply as possible to get another 160 TP by June 8th with my limited time off….then I saw this post and now have inexplicably booked this deal to DOH on points [eye roll emoji]. Least I can cancel within 24hrs if I come to my senses.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood, I thought you don’t earn TPs when paying for flights using Avios?

Amy C 372 posts

Give me strength. There I was trying desperately to find a way as cheaply as possible to get another 160 TP by June 8th with my limited time off….then I saw this post and now have inexplicably booked this deal to DOH on points [eye roll emoji]. Least I can cancel within 24hrs if I come to my senses.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood, I thought you don’t earn TPs when paying for flights using Avios?

You don’t, you’re correct. What I meant was, up until this deal was flagged my energies had been concentrated into finding somewhere to go in April to earn 160 TP as cheaply as possible before my year end in June. Then I saw this and now suddenly I’m off to DOH on points instead. I still have the TP issue to solve with even fewer days to solve it in now too.

warrior01 9 posts

You don’t, you’re correct. What I meant was, up until this deal was flagged my energies had been concentrated into finding somewhere to go in April to earn 160 TP as cheaply as possible before my year end in June. Then I saw this and now suddenly I’m off to DOH on points instead. I still have the TP issue to solve with even fewer days to solve it in now too.

Could you do some regional flights in Qatar 1st class for TPs? A short hop to AUH, BAH or DXB in first would net quite a few TPs (although might not be very cheap) – you would get to use the Al Safwa lounge though

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

@Amy – could you book the positioning flight to CPH as a BA holiday in CE to get the 160 TPs?

Amy C 372 posts

I did have a look out short hops from DOH but exceedingly expensive. Making the CPH flight into a holiday would also cost north £600 it seems.
    I’ll have to do a couple of really bad value day trips I think to Dublin and Scotland/Newcastle 🙁

sturgeon 193 posts

I was also looking for a tier point trip, saw the BA glitch deal for £1k return from London which then sold out whilst I was considering if I actually want to go to Doha for 5 nights. I was a bit annoyed I missed it but it felt unnecessary on reflection.

Then I saw this post, have booked a flight from ARN to DOH next month for 20k and £50, all their planes have the new business seats. I’m returning directly to London with Qatar, 43k and £85 so normal pricing. Doesn’t seem to be q suite but the 787 setup and surely that’s also pretty good?

The positioning flight to ARN is a bit annoying as I think I’ll need to fly the night before to avoid the panic of a delay or missing the connection but airport hotels seem cheap.

Deek 44 posts

I was also looking for a tier point trip, saw the BA glitch deal for £1k return from London which then sold out whilst I was considering if I actually want to go to Doha for 5 nights. I was a bit annoyed I missed it but it felt unnecessary on reflection.

Then I saw this post, have booked a flight from ARN to DOH next month for 20k and £50, all their planes have the new business seats. I’m returning directly to London with Qatar, 43k and £85 so normal pricing. Doesn’t seem to be q suite but the 787 setup and surely that’s also pretty good?

The positioning flight to ARN is a bit annoying as I think I’ll need to fly the night before to avoid the panic of a delay or missing the connection but airport hotels seem cheap.

The 787-9 has the new Q-suite lite which is lovely, door etc. The 787-8 is the open seat same as on the A380, not quite as nice but still very comfortable.

sturgeon 193 posts

The 787-9 has the new Q-suite lite which is lovely, door etc. The 787-8 is the open seat same as on the A380, not quite as nice but still very comfortable.

Fair enough, it’s a 787-8 which looks fine to me. Knowing how many times they change equipment I wouldn’t have got too excited about Q Suite. I have two flights later this year supposedly on Q Suite. I’ve not flown with Qatar before so looking forward to it, as well as testing out Finnair business for the first time inclusive of the new seat. I am a bit sceptical about the lack of recline though.

Bervios 34 posts

Deal also available from OSL..

James C 5 posts

What dates are you seeing @Bervios. It’s coming out at 55K Avios each way and via HEL when I look…

aq.1988 454 posts

What dates are you seeing @Bervios. It’s coming out at 55K Avios each way and via HEL when I look…

You need to search from BAEC. I was looking on Finnair and getting the 55k too, so was confused how everyone else was seeing 20k.

sturgeon 193 posts

Lots of dates, also available from Stockholm ( which has cheaper airport hotels)

davefl 1,222 posts

Looks like this is dead now, I’m only seeing 43000 Avios + £ 93.20 unless someone can correct me?

Still massively cheaper ex-EU on a partner than on BA though (via BA website)

CPH-DOH-NBO is 65000 Avios + £166.10 on Qatar against CPH-LHR-NBO at 105000 Avios + £222.11 (both ow in may)

PB2 198 posts

Yep CPH DOH in April, Finnair direct, is now 55k Avios and £39.90. A steal while it lasted!

sturgeon 193 posts

Shame. Glad I nabbed one. Qatar one way without stopover is now cheaper

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.