Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Credit card free night voucher – max points limit?

• Chivvy 10 posts

Hi

Is there a maximum points limit for the credit card free night voucher or is it usable on any room with points availability?

I’ve got my last ever Creation free night voucher to use.

Thanks

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

There’s no limit to the amount of points needed, but there needs to be free night availability, not just points availability. With most hotels there will be both but there are a few which don’t always show both and the odd one which doesn’t accept free night certificates.

Chivvy 10 posts

Ah, ok thanks. Can you search for free night voucher availability? I can only seem to find points values in a search. I was thinking of booking the IC Park Lane for my daughter as I won’t get chance to go before the voucher expires

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

You need to click on the voucher in your account to search for redemption availability. If there is, it will show as “free night” on the search result.

SGJNI 69 posts

Just used my CC free night for a booking in the IC Danang, a saving of approx $700! also used an Ambassador Cert for the Easter weekend. Chunky savings particularly if there is a free breakfast/lounge access through the Milestone rewards.

Chivvy 10 posts

You need to click on the voucher in your account to search for redemption availability. If there is, it will show as “free night” on the search result.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Spoke to my daughter about booking the IC and she’s not as keen as I thought that she would be! She’s very self-conscious and I think that she will feel out of place. Hopefully I can persuade her that it’s a good idea (and that there’s availability) as it would be nice to really max out the value of the voucher even if I don’t get to enjoy it myself!

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

I haven’t stayed at the Park Lane but the Kimpton Fitzroy wasn’t at all stuffy so she might prefer that? Also any number of London hotels will give decent value at the moment given current cash prices! And does it have to be London?

Chivvy 10 posts

She’s booked on Eurostar on 24th June with a group from her university Disney society. They were going up the day before on the train to see Frozen but there is currently a rail strike scheduled for that day so she’s now considering going the day before. As you have said, hotel prices are crazy so I thought that I could use the voucher and get max value out of it.

At the moment I’ve got the indigo in Stratford booked with the voucher (it’s the only time that we are planning on going away this year and I don’t want to lose the voucher) but that’s only 35k points so it seems like poor value.

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

I see now why you couldn’t search for the London night if you’ve already used the certificate, you’d need to cancel and start again. Just check that there aren’t going to be any issues with “book by” and “use by” dates. The Indigo Stratford isn’t a bad choice at all, it’s a very cute little hotel ideally located for exploring Stratford, we stayed there a few months ago. Just stingy with the drinks vouchers, though if you’re Diamond they should be offering free breakfast by now (but it was only £12.50 anyway if booked in advance).

Chivvy 10 posts

Yes I realise that I will need to cancel first but I hadn’t noticed that I could search by free night prior to booking Stratford. The hotel does look very nice and I am currently a diamond member so, hopefully, breakfast will be included.

I was going to book the same night in Stratford with points, then cancel the free night voucher booking. Obviously it’s a bit of a punt whether the IC (or kimpton) have any voucher availability.

Chivvy 10 posts

Unfortunately the kimpton is fully booked for her date

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.