Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Criteria for transferring Bonvoy points between accounts

• Ash 621 posts

Do both account holders have to have had Marriot stays to allow transfer of points from one account to another?

Also, recipient of the transferred points currently has zero Bonvoy balance.

I’ve emailed Bonvoy customer support but no reply after 2 weeks.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Hyatt has a rule on both accounts needing a stay in the last year. Never heard this about Marriott.

Why not just call and try the transfer? Phone number is in an older thread here.

meta 1,428 posts

Hyatt doesn’t have such a rule. You only have to have an active account and accounts become active the moment you buy some points. I haven’t had a single stay ever and I have bought and transferred points during last promo to my partner who last stayed at a Hyatt in 2019. You need to email the form signed by both account holders. It takes a day or two, sometimes a week.

Marriott transfers always require a phone call.

Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

You definitely don’t have to stay as I recently did the max 100k transfer from Mrs Trotter’s account to mine and she has never had a stay credited. The number to call is 02035646335.

Ash 621 posts

Phoned. Only criteria is recipient account needs to have been opened 30days

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Hyatt doesn’t have such a rule. You only have to have an active account and accounts become active the moment you buy some points. I haven’t had a single stay ever and I have bought and transferred points during last promo to my partner who last stayed at a Hyatt in 2019. You need to email the form signed by both account holders. It takes a day or two, sometimes a week.

Marriott transfers always require a phone call.

Hyatt has blocked transfers between me and my wife before because one account hadn’t a stay in the past year. I accept that the call centre could have been lazy and not explained that any activity, including buying a handful of points, would have solved the issue.

meta 1,428 posts

I have never done it via the call centre. I have always sent a form signed by both account holders.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/dam/HGP/HyattFinalImages/world-of-hyatt/Point_Combining_RequestForm_En.pdf

It takes a few days to be processed as it’s manual. I have now done it at least four times. Never an issue.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.