Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve – Do they ever reply to anybody?

• Skywalker 700 posts

Curve used to be very responsive in the beginning when they were just starting out but now they seem to have got arrogant/big for their boots and don’t bother with customer service anymore.

I only tolerate their poor customer service because their card benefits me at the moment.

Peter K 553 posts

I contacted them 5 days ago but no answer. Is there a number to contact Curve. I’m completely stuck as it won’t add my new Hilton Barclaycard so I can’t take out cash oloe pay card bill. How do I get to help them. Contacted through app and email. So fed up and I’m Metal.

I assume this a replacement card. I think you need to remove the old card first, then add the new card. All the old transaction data gets ported to the new card.

S879 96 posts

Thanks Peter, I did remove it as it had expired, but it just doesn’t let me add it. I don’t know how to contact them even to cancel as there is no number and via app and email, no response for 6 days.

SteveJ 979 posts

Emailing their complaints team is the only way I’ve recently managed to get them to do anything. Even shaming them on Twitter does nothing.

https://help.curve.com/how-do-i-make-a-complaint-rk2gS_2Iu

Roberto 284 posts

OP here..

It took 17 days with some help from chasing, emailing and twitter for them to acknowledge my issue. Double charges now disappeared from my curve account and the credits should hit the underlying cards by the middle of next week.

NorthernLass 7,594 posts

What double charges did you have @Roberto? I’ve got a similar issue, with the 2nd lot of charges having been taken when the card was locked!

Roberto 284 posts

Mine was a daily charge that was held as pending on a cruise. When we disembarked the cruise company totted up the 6 daily charges plus the last night and I paid the bill as I got off.

The 6 “pending” charges never dropped off and I was eventually billed them too. Spoke to the cruise company and they said that they had not collected those 6 charges only the one big one at the end.

I was advised to wait a couple of weeks to allow time for it all to right itself, that never happened and I was advised to speak to my credit card company (Curve) as the cruise company felt it was an issue from their end. That’s when I got the hump as they just seemed ignore me. 17 days later they replied and the 6 charges disappeared, I am just waiting for the underlying cards to get the money back. About $600.

Good luck getting yours over the line..

Jill Kinkell 154 posts

No complaints from me! Contacted Curve 10 days ago. Response yesterday. some clarification required. Further response today and resolved.

NorthernLass 7,594 posts

How did you contact them, Jill?

Jill Kinkell 154 posts

How did you contact them, Jill?

support@curve.com.

Harrier25 852 posts

Contacted Curve 10 days ago. Response yesterday.

That’s a poor response time by any company’s standards, to be fair.

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Similar problem re duplicate charges on several occasions. Only ‘dropped off’ when contacted and chased up with Curve. Mmmmh.

Jill Kinkell 154 posts

Contacted Curve 10 days ago. Response yesterday.

That’s a poor response time by any company’s standards, to be fair.

Compared to previous posters experiences of waiting much longer or not getting a response, I was actually surprised to get a response at all and then sorted within 24 hours

Kuestrian 57 posts

10 days to respond is a ridiculous way to do any business but even more so for a retail financial product.

I’m still waiting to get my account downgraded and the fee they’ve taken refunded. Once that is done I’ll be closing my Curve account as soon as possible (so expect another month to wait for that, too).

Entitled 68 posts

Ironically, closing the account is very simple so long as you have the latest version of the app.

Go to My Account > Settings > Delete Account. It takes less than one minute.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

No complaints from me! Contacted Curve 10 days ago. Response yesterday. some clarification required. Further response today and resolved.

10 days, and you have no complaints! Wow, wish my customers had the same level of patience.

Youllnever 182 posts

Ironically, closing the account is very simple so long as you have the latest version of the app.

Yes, although this is because Apple is enforcing this on app developers rather than out of the goodness of Curve’s heart.

Kuestrian 57 posts

Thanks, very helpful. The in-app help directed me to the chat to cancel. Didn’t spot this option buried at the bottom of the actual Settings list.

NorthernLass 7,594 posts

Well I got a reply today, telling me to contact IHG, despite my email to Curve clearly stating that I had contacted IHG who claim to have no record of my 3 payments. Give me strength!

Toaster 104 posts

Are you sure that actually closes the curve account? It looks more like it would just delete the account from that device.

Have you tried it yourself and then tried to use the curve card to make a purchase to check it is declined?

Harrier25 852 posts

Yes, although this is because Apple is enforcing this on app developers rather than out of the goodness of Curve’s heart.

It clearly isn’t just an enforcement by Apple because Delete Account also appears in the Curve Android app too.

Entitled 68 posts

I used the chat a couple of days ago to ask how to close the account and then received an email with said instructions on how to do so. This was done with the ‘bot’ and generated the email automatically so quick and easy.

I had already downgraded to the free card (to see out the final month of the £50 cancellation penalty) and removed all underlying cards.

Upon complying with their instructions my interest in them, and their product, is done. Any further use isn’t my problem.

Fyi – I use Android

Youllnever 182 posts

It clearly isn’t just an enforcement by Apple because Delete Account also appears in the Curve Android app too.

Likely they wanted to keep both iOS and Android apps as close to feature-parity as possible. It would cause complaints if users found that iOS users could cancel accounts easily while Android users can’t.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.