Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve metal, commercial card received

• Leigh 30 posts

Upgraded my personal blue card to curve metal recently to pay my HMRC bill. Somehow received a commercial metal card. I don’t recall an option to choose card type when upgrading, so not sure why they sent me a commercial card. Do they only issue commercial card for new metal subscriptions? They don’t seem to reply to App Chat message at all.

Carlos 758 posts

Isnt the commercial card the hard one to get, with added value when it comes to HM trx

Leigh 30 posts

0.1% charge when making HMRC payment – this is when I noted that my new card is a commercial card.Not aware of any added value…

ClubSmed 174 posts

Possibly a silly question, but I cannot find the answer to it anywhere…
    Why do you need to upgrade from the Curve standard card to Curve Metal to pay an HMRC bill?

Peter K 553 posts

Possibly a silly question, but I cannot find the answer to it anywhere…
    Why do you need to upgrade from the Curve standard card to Curve Metal to pay an HMRC bill?

You don’t. But using a standard card with fronted on costs you a 1.5% fee for the privilege. The first £10k pet month of metal has no fee.

You need to crunch the figures to see what works for you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.