Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve questions

• Boltonsam 41 posts

Noticed I have no car insurance or CDW for a usa hire car via expedia.
    But I do have curve metal: different internet sources including curve website say I need to have paid for the rental with my curve card (which I have not) and some say it doesn’t matter which card I use. Will I need to show some official proof of my own insurance or will pdf t & c suffice? I do intend to call AXA but I am time constrained.
    Also was wondering if my underlying virgin card will apply fee to any foreign transactions or ATM withdrawals (as in the UK I have been charged a fee for ATM withdrawals)
    Thanks in advance

Boltonsam 41 posts

Also the insurance advises about a maximum car valuation which for a full size rental book price may be more. How do I know I am covered if I do not know the exact car model I will receive?
    Thanks

JDB 4,378 posts

Noticed I have no car insurance or CDW for a usa hire car via expedia.
    But I do have curve metal: different internet sources including curve website say I need to have paid for the rental with my curve card (which I have not) and some say it doesn’t matter which card I use. Will I need to show some official proof of my own insurance or will pdf t & c suffice? I do intend to call AXA but I am time constrained.
    Also was wondering if my underlying virgin card will apply fee to any foreign transactions or ATM withdrawals (as in the UK I have been charged a fee for ATM withdrawals)
    Thanks in advance

The Curve terms do require you to pay with the covered card. See FAQ and Section N of the insurance terms (in definitions).

Rui N. 831 posts

Any recent experience with Curve and Ernie?
    Last summer Curve started blocking some users for using Ernie and requested sillies amount of data. But has that kept going? Are people still being able to save your hard-earned money with Ernie by depositing with Curve?

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

I thought Ernie banned Curve altogether.

memesweeper 1,255 posts

I thought Ernie banned Curve altogether.

Worked for me with a modest deposit a few weeks ago. Genuine savings – not MS – of course.

Rui N. 831 posts

Thanks memesweeper. No communication from Curve or Ernie after said deposit?

Rui N. 831 posts

Another question: where on the app do we find the place to select the 6 retailers that can get 1% cashback? I can’t find it anywhere.
    (As might be easy to find out, I’ve just got Curve Metal.)

Steven 80 posts

Another question: where on the app do we find the place to select the 6 retailers that can get 1% cashback? I can’t find it anywhere.
    (As might be easy to find out, I’ve just got Curve Metal.)

If you click on curve cash (the part in words with the arrow sign pointing to the right, which is just underneath the picture of the card).

Then click on the 1% cashback button and your list will come up.

It is pretty hidden.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.