Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Data points from recent Virgin card (re)applications please

• Reney 768 posts

Hi all,

I currently have the free card, but keen to close that and take a 6-month break to benefit from the plus card bonus. I have read one recent comment about someone not being approved after a break.

I am keen to hear others experience before making a decision (or new applicants not being approved too). I want to get a good sense of the risk I am taking. I am working on another bonus at the moment, so the 6-month break is well-timed but I don’t want to be without a V card for the long term.

Thanks.

Steven 80 posts

Same here. I have quite a good limit on the free card and my concern would be a considerably reduced limit on the paid card.

jj 520 posts

I applied for the plus card a couple of months ago, my first-ever Virgin card. I was approved immediately but the card took a couple of weeks to arrive, probably because they had a rush of new applications due to an enhanced sign-up bonus.

I’d rather not be specific about my credit limit, but it was generous. I will just say that I could comfortably use the card to buy a new family car, but I couldn’t quite stretch to a Tesla.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.