Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Dilemma: keep redemption booking or rebook to re-qualify for Qatar Gold

• MikeM 5 posts

Hi all,

I have a BA business class flight coming up on Friday, to SFO (booked with a Barclays upgrade voucher). Bit of a dilemma as I won’t qualify for Qatar Gold if I take this flight on points redemption (Missing 34 qatar tier points to requalify).

Should I cancel and rebook with a regular cash booking in economy? A regular business class or premium economy flights are to expensive at this point.

Should I keep as is?

I would be downgraded to Silver Qatar which doesn’t come with guest lounge access and the upgrade voucher or free seat selection. But I would also loose the upgrade voucher as the use by date is by the end of the month.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,088 posts

Can’t you do a quick domestic flight and credit that?

MikeM 5 posts

Unfort. no as Ill be in SF for 5 days.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

AA flights SFO-LAX take 90 minutes so you could go there and back in half a day, MCT permitting… As part of the One World Alliance, I imagine you could credit these to QR. Cost about £300.
    Depends on how you value your time etc. v. the benefit of retaining Gold (and also the cost of your proposed business class ticket purchase)!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.