Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Does BA actually answer the phone?

• Mark 35 posts

I’ve been trying to book with a voucher since Saturday.

I must have called 10 times each day and all I get is the “we can’t put you through at the moment”

Any hidden tricks to get through to someone?

Jonathans 121 posts

I had a similar issue last last week so I actually called You First (fully intending to only book Club World) and was answered within about 2 minutes. My pretence was that i was after availability on First class seating to which i already knew the answer…. and was duly told only business class was available. OK then, i’ll take those then please can we go ahead? Used a FTV and the experience was painless done and dusted in about 15 minutes although i am still waiting for it to be ticketed.

Dubs 2 posts

Bit of an out there question: but does anyone have a phone number for BA flight operations that they could email or DM?

I have a specific question for them ( have previous dealings with them) and they have always been great, but cannot seem to get through to any staff at BA on the phones, the number I was given from a BA call centre abroad is for euro tunnel, and the airport wont connect me direct as I’m calling from an outside line.

keeven 17 posts

I called last Friday, Saturday and today and I got through every time. You do need to wait 20-30 min. Morning is usually very busy. However I was surprised that on Saturday I only waited for about 2 min.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

It seems to be easier at 8am when they open, especially at weekends.

Aston100 1,383 posts

I called last Friday, Saturday and today and I got through every time. You do need to wait 20-30 min. Morning is usually very busy. However I was surprised that on Saturday I only waited for about 2 min.

This is not normal.
    I kid you not, in mid December I must have phoned 30 – 35 times in a few days before I finally managed to get through to someone and get my issue resolved before the 60 minute cut off.

Reney 768 posts

I know some people complain about the Virgin waiting song selection. For BA I am getting an engage tone when I call the avios line, option 2 for new booking then option 1 for using avios. Am I supposed to stay on or click off? The tone is giving me a headache.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.