Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Double points bonus posting later?

• SGJNI 69 posts

Had a stay in a HI last week, the points have now posted and I am curious how they have been calculated. The base points are 1152 and I have been given another 1152 in addition to the 5000 bonus points I paid for in the room rate. Where are the X2 points for the current promotion for which I am registered.I am Spire so there should be a 100% bonus as well. Is this correct?

dst87 264 posts

Sounds like the 1152 + 1152 you have is base + Spire bonus. In my experience the promo bonus points don’t credit until a little while later as a separate transaction.

SGJNI 69 posts

dst87 Many thanks. Any idea how long this might take just I was counting on a stay at the IC Cancun at the end of the month to put me over the 55000 points currently needed to renew Spire/Diamond before the changes happen. Would the X2 points when added be backdated to the dated of the stay or will I missout?

ChrisC 956 posts

The timeframe for posting are in the T&Cs!

They are also in the article rob wrote about this offer and in a separate thread on the aiHG board here.

SGJNI 69 posts

ChrisC You refer to the terms which state “up to 6 weeks”. My question was looking for a more practical real world response of what that might mean in reality. There is also no help in answer to when are the points counted if earned before the earning threshold increases but not awarded until some time after.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

ChrisC You refer to the terms which state “up to 6 weeks”. My question was looking for a more practical real world response of what that might mean in reality. There is also no help in answer to when are the points counted if earned before the earning threshold increases but not awarded until some time after.

If, with the bonus, you reached an elite threshold but without bonus you did not reach it; but said bonus arrived after the start date for the new tiers – then I think you’d be into the territory of making an appeal to IHG to recognise you would have got there before the cutoff date had the bonus been paid promptly. I got nowhere with AA in 2018/18 when a set of Qatar flights logged after 31 Dec.

where2travel 7 posts

The double points from this promotion have posted for most/all of by stays so far, hitting my IHG account in one batch yesterday.

ChrisC 956 posts

sorry if you feklt my answers were unhelpful but at the time you posted all anyone could go on was what was in the T&Cs

But I can now add a real data point

7th Feb – Checked out

9th Feb – normal points posted – qualifying and spire bonus

19th Feb – bonus points posted and added to qualifying points total.

hantsclaret 5 posts

Mine posted about 3 days after the original post (but maybe I was just lucky)

revkev7 12 posts

Mine arrived four days after leaving the hotel.

ChrisC 956 posts

Checked out of the de awitt on 28th Feb

Base and statue posted on 2nd March

Bonus on the 3rd

And they appear in the “elite qualifying points” column in activity part of the app.

greggrant 12 posts

Mine arrived 5 days after checking out. Take note BA!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.