Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Dubai – best IHG hotel?

• Jonathan12345 9 posts

Any recommendations for an IHG hotel In Dubai.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

It’s not a great choice, to be honest.

InterCon Dubai Marina seems to get the nod but still no beach.

This MAY be the best option from July – https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/06/30/ihg-to-open-a-voco-hotel-on-palm-jumeirah-in-dubai/

It’s frankly shocking how there can be around 50 beach hotels now inc the Palm ones and IHG has none of them.

Jonathan12345 9 posts

Thanks for the reply . Sitting on quite a lot of points and fancied a reasonable break in some sunshine .

Benilyn 150 posts

I did Indigo Dubai (paid c23k pn if you book in advance) and paid cash to upgrade to suite (1 Bedroom Design suite for c£60pn). Solid 4* hotel, super friendly staff, good location (<10min to Dubai Mall), newish hotel (few years old). Good if you don’t want beach. They have a pool. Only benefit of status (Spire Amb) I got was f&b discount, can’t remember exact amount maybe 15%-30%.

CP Marina is cheaper than IC Marina and new might be worth looking into
    Also IC Festival City seems to be raves about a lot too (no beach).

Curious to hear other people’s thoughts on IHG hotels, especially the budget ones e.g. Staybridge Internet City (12k some days)

@OP
    – are you looking for beach on footstep or don’t mind travelling to it?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

I spent New Year 2020/1 at CP/IC Festival City (effectively one hotel). Decent hotels and you overlook the creek so you have a water view. No beach access though (decent pool complex) and closer to the airport than the centre – I’m not sure its one I’d recommend for a first timer though. We’d been in the Middle East for 14 days by the time we checked in here and only did so because a) London had gone into lockdown whilst we were away so we weren’t rushing home until we had to and b) it had reward availability.

It IS attached to a decent shopping mall so you won’t starve – you can even pop into Ikea .

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Matty 16 posts

I’ve done quite a few stays at the IC Festival City. Always found the staff very friendly and had good upgrades.

Club Lounge staff excellent. Champagne flowed freely in the evening between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm but I think that’s gone now.

Benilyn 150 posts

I’ve done quite a few stays at the IC Festival City. Always found the staff very friendly and had good upgrades.

Club Lounge staff excellent. Champagne flowed freely in the evening between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm but I think that’s gone now.

Have they ever upgraded to give Club access?

TJ 90 posts

I stayed at both ICs in November. The IC Festival City has a better pool complex if that’s what you are looking for…the IC Marina’s pool is ok but gets very shady in the afternoon. However, the IC Marina is better located in my opinion and has some great restaurants (inc the Marina Social by Jason Atherton). In fact, you are on the doorstep of JBR and the Marina which are major entertainment hubs.Also the tram stop – JBR Beach Residence 1 – is adjacent to the hotel (this is the best way to go if you are thinking about Expo 2020). So all things considered, I would agree with Rob that the IC Marina is the better bet.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.