Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Edinburgh Airport – Priority Pass lounge options

• Joe G 80 posts

Hi All, apologies if this is the wrong place for this post, I couldn’t seem to find a specific thread about airport lounges.

I will be travelling through Edinburgh Airport next week and wondered if anyone has had any recent experience of getting into the aspire lounges there with a Priority Pass. I see they have two lounges there but does this just mean I have to suffer the indignity of getting turned away by both of them if I try my luck?

Thanks

Froggee 897 posts

I didn’t even try last time I went through. I checked here and they were “sold out” for cash purchase so didn’t waste my time.

https://www.executivelounges.com/airports/edinburgh-airport

RK228 204 posts

They weren’t taking Priority Pass card holders when we tried on 6 July.

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

I didn’t even try last time I went through. I checked here and they were “sold out” for cash purchase so didn’t waste my time.

https://www.executivelounges.com/airports/edinburgh-airport

Note that you have to book 24hrs in advance, so using that site and finding no availability isn’t a great guide. The first space they are currently showing is 6pm tomorrow. Mind, if they reckon they can get £40 a pop for access then no surprise they don’t want PP guests in there.

aso40 54 posts

Both Aspire lounges had signs up yesterday evening saying they were at capacity, though that was the first time I have seen that.

If you have Amex Plat a new Plaza Premium was meant to open “in July” but not appeared yet.

The airport has been in chaos since the school holidays started – massive queues at every food outlet, people sitting on the floors and stairs, lots of complaining and confusion.

The BA lounge was fine, but that was also under pressure as the one lady at the desk was due to finish at 19.30 with no one else to keep the lounge open. One of the Heathrow flights had been delayed by 4 hours to after 10pm, so some unhappy people were about to be turfed out of the lounge when I left. There was also some ranting about BA closing check in at 7pm due to lack of staff when BA’s emails “state it is open to 9pm”.

AnotherUser 181 posts

Related question – anyone know which lounge KLM business class tickets give access to?

Joe G 80 posts

Thanks for the advice everyone, doesn’t look too hopeful then,

I think the “Don’t even think about it” signs are a good idea as I’d prefer to be saved the bother of even having to ask if it’s that bad. Will be interesting to see if the Plaza Premium is any better when it appears. They should probably change the name of the card to low priority pass seeing as holders seem to be the last in the pecking order as to who is granted access!

Supergers49 225 posts

Flying EDIMUC today. Both Aspire lounges have been showing as Unavailable all week for this morning. On getting though security at 08.30 this morning to the Aspire Lounge at Gate 14. There was a queue any they were only accepting pre-books.

However, they advised that the Gate 4 Lounge was opening at 09.00, and even though the Aspire website was showing it as Unavailable to pre-book all week, it was accepting Walk-Ups with PP.

So I wouldn’t rely upon the availability of the Aspire website to determine availability at the airport.

Points Hound 47 posts

I travel from Edinburgh weekly and have yet to be denied access to the new Aspire lounge first thing in the morning with my PP. I generally fly on a Tuesday or Wednesday but the lounge has been getting busier recently as would be expected. You won’t know until you arrive is my guess.

The new Plaza Premium lounge that is opening next door will be a welcome addition for sure.

I have, like others, struggled to get acceptance with my PP at Gatwick North + South and Luton in the last few months but never been turned away in Glasgow. I did encounter a waiting list at Heathrow T5 Plaza Premium Lounge a few weeks back on a Friday early evening, took about 45mins to be permitted entry.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Plaza Premium pulled out of Priority Pass due to the pitiful amount of money they got paid.

They continue to accept DragonPass and, of course, Amex Plat cardholders can get in via their direct deal with Plaza.

Walked into the gate 4 lounge with pp no problem at 330pm. Many of the clientele could do with a clip round the ear and a reminder to use their indoor voices, but….

Just adding to this, the gate 4 lounge closed at 5pm so we walked over to the gate 16 one. Was a fair bit busier but again we got in with the PP card.

Certainly doesn’t help with the uncertainty and I appreciate my sample set is 2, but it was a welcome surprise.

Oh, and virtually no queue at security either.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.