Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Edinburgh airport – recent experiences, and Plaza Premium open?

• AnotherUser 182 posts

Anyone been to Edinburgh airport recently? Is so, how did you find the queues, and the Aspire lounges? I know a Plaza Premium lounge is due to open soon too – not open yet, I guess?

The real Swiss Tony 652 posts

https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/edinburgh-airport-priority-pass/

No security queue on Friday afternoon. No sign of the Plaza Premium lounge opening, either

AnotherUser 182 posts

Thanks! Fingers crossed I also avoid queues

Peggerz 99 posts

Hi @AnotherUser. If you are on Twitter, follow EDI who put up details of queues 3-4 times a day. Normally the security line seems to be short and people report being from pavement to airside in 10-15 mins much of the time.

The real Swiss Tony 652 posts

EDI queue times are posted on the airport’s home page in real time apparently. Took us longer to navigate the tensa barrier maze than to actually get through security itself.

AnotherUser 182 posts

Thanks again!

Supergers49 225 posts

We flew EDIMUC on 23rd July. Security queue looked to 15-20 minutes max at 8.30AM (we went through Fast Track, which 4-5 minutes). New Aspire Lounge had a queue and was not accepting PP Walk Ups. However, they informed us that Old Aspire was opening at 9AM and would be accepting PP Walk Ups. We were first in line and got in no problem.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Plaza Premium news has gone very quiet, it wasn’t even taking bookings for later in the year last time I checked. We were told July.

dundj 82 posts

Plaza Premium news has gone very quiet, it wasn’t even taking bookings for later in the year last time I checked. We were told July.

Edinburgh News had a story up last week I think suggesting it was due to open up later this month.

dundj 82 posts

Edinburgh News had a story up last week I think suggesting it was due to open up later this month.

Apologies it was Edinburgh Live, supposedly with interior photos.

slidey 287 posts

Are they ever going to reopen the arrival lounge at LHR?

dundj 82 posts

Plaza Premium website has the lounge at EDI opening on the 1st September, in that it is the first bookable date.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.