Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Existing customers can now switch

• Tom 25 posts

This morning I was able to change to the new Avios card via the Barclaycard app. As an existing customer this option wasn’t available when I checked yesterday. I know a few of us had been waiting for this to launch. Small sign up bonus too.

Roberto 281 posts

Sadly I am still getting no option to switch. I will keep trying every couple of hours although Rob did say Barclaycard would roll this out tomorrow so not too fussed.

Andrew J 769 posts

This was available yesterday lunchtime.

Roberto 281 posts

This was available yesterday lunchtime.

Yes, but not universally unfortunately

Roberto 281 posts

Still no option to switch for me.
    Rob did say that Barclaycard said that we should all have the option to swap today so fingers crossed for all those still sandboxed…

Gavin454 159 posts

Rob did say that Barclaycard said that we should all have the option to swap today so fingers crossed for all those still sandboxed…

I also still have “no options available”

Froggee 896 posts

What about an option to have two cards!

DarrenS 91 posts

x2

poggs 14 posts

Where is the option supposed to be?

I cant see anything in the app.

Amy C 372 posts

I can’t switch either. What is the reduced bonus for those that can?

Gavin454 159 posts

Where is the option supposed to be?

I cant see anything in the app.

From the main page, at the bottom of the screen click “more” -> “manage accounts” -> “barclaycard” -> “change to a different card”

This is on the Android App, not sure if the same on iPhone.

charles 15 posts

x2

Same!

Andrew J 769 posts

I can’t switch either. What is the reduced bonus for those that can?

1000 for the basic card on a £1000 in 3 month spend; and 5000 on the fee card for a £3000 in 3 month spend. So nothing to get excited about.

Harrier25 852 posts

Yes, but isn’t 1,000 Avios points worth £80 when converted to Nectar points? I certainly wouldn’t be paying £20 a month to earn 5,000 Avios points, but could be tempted to switch to the free card.

2ilent8cho 17 posts

Yes, but isn’t 1,000 Avios points worth £80 when converted to Nectar points? I certainly wouldn’t be paying £20 a month to earn 5,000 Avios points, but could be tempted to switch to the free card.

No, 10,000 Avios is £80 in Nectar.

Andrew J 769 posts

It’s worth £8

Harrier25 852 posts

Oh! I miscalculated that then. 🙂

0 post

It would be good to have another method of collecting Avios, especially as the 2 family BAPPs are nearing trigger point for the 241s ( And I don’t want this yet).

I’ve got a Barclaycard Platinum Visa which gives foreign currency transaction fee free purchases and ATM withdrawals. Well, at least it did when I last travelled, but I can’t seem to find out whether the T’s and C’s have changed to stop this.

Does anyone out there have this card too? Do you know whether the overseas use is still free?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

It would be good to have another method of collecting Avios, especially as the 2 family BAPPs are nearing trigger point for the 241s ( And I don’t want this yet).

I’ve got a Barclaycard Platinum Visa which gives foreign currency transaction fee free purchases and ATM withdrawals. Well, at least it did when I last travelled, but I can’t seem to find out whether the T’s and C’s have changed to stop this.

Does anyone out there have this card too? Do you know whether the overseas use is still free?

My Barclaycard Platinum Travel card has the end date for the FX-free “perk” on my last statement. 31st August 2022. It’s on the first page under “This month’s updates”.

Gary 293 posts

Well spotted @stevenhp1987 as planning to close it once Fx free cash withdrawal promotion finishes, wait 6 months & apply for Avios Barclaycard. It works well as an adjunct to Curve on weekends for cash withdrawals.

gustavo 51 posts

My wife has the same Barclaycard Platinum with 0.25% cashback and fx fee free spending and withdrawal. The promotional rate finishes for her Aug 23. That card has been replaced by the Barclaycard Rewards which offer the same perks, but I think with no end date. Before this Barclaycard Avios came about, I was thinking of moving her card from the Platinum to the Rewards version. Of course now with the Avios one, we are re-thinking it. But I can confirm as @stevenhp1987 that it shows on your statement when the promotion ends.

DJ 93 posts

Sadly I am still getting no option to switch. I will keep trying every couple of hours although Rob did say Barclaycard would roll this out tomorrow so not too fussed.

Had a look just now, still no offers available.

I have had the 0.5% Black Cash Back card for over 8 years, with a healthy limit and in good order, so I am not sure what else I need to do to be eligible for this super picky card 🙁

@rob
    any chance you could ask Barclaycard for us? Ta

0 post

@stevenhp1987
    thanks for pointing that out. I thought I’d searched the Feb statement thoroughly but obv not.

Gavin454 159 posts

Still no cards available for me to switch to from my Hilton card.

I gather this means I am not eligible for the new Avios card (for reasons unknown). It seems my best course of action is to keep my Hilton card until if/when it gets discontinued, as if I cancel it now and wait 6 months, I’ll likely not be eligible to sign up for the new card. When I’m forced to close my Hilton card, then the 6 months clock will start and I can attempt to sign up for the Avios card when the time comes.

Harrier25 852 posts

Why on earth would you want to switch from your Hilton Barclaycard for just 5,000 Avios and pay £20 a month for the privilege? Total Madness!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.