Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Radisson Rewards Existing rewards bookings made in January sale have had a surcharge added

• Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

So I booked quite a few nights in the Radisson Blu Jersey on various dates in the sale earlier in the year (15% off usual redemption rates). For the Jubilee holiday dates in particular it was quite a bargain as I had bought the points for 0.26p each in their discounted sale during the pandemic. Now Awardwallet has alerted me to an overnight change where the booking is no longer “38,250 points + GBP 0.00 per night” and is now “GBP 51.92 per night”. The has also happened to a weekend break at the same hotel in September so it is not just a bank holiday / Jubilee surcharge.
    I can’t see that the original confirmations give much detail about the T&Cs and I expect there will be some weasely words in there that they can use to justify their behaviour but this feels pretty sharp practice to say the least! I guess my next step is to call the hotel to ask for an explanation. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I only really deal with Radisson when we do Jersey short breaks so no great experience with their rewards program…

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    SamG 1,642 posts

This sounds like the amount the hotel is getting reimbursed has somehow made it into the rate you are seeing (perhaps because that has gone up and they were trying to run an update). If you call the hotel sure it’ll get fixed

Britbronco 18 posts

Don’t worry you won’t be charged and you may even earn points on the cash value.

jawilson59 3 posts

Hi

So I have encountered this as well, for a last minute booking before the Programme change and devaluation last October.

3 Nights in a premium London hotel was 225k + £0, now showing 75k per night + £119.44.

Obviously I have the original booking email confirmation but I did wonder if something nefarious was afoot as this redemption booking no longer showed in my account and could only be viewed via the ‘Missing Reservation’ function…

As a new forum user (but reader for a while) I don’t see a function to upload pictures without some kind of hosting website otherwise I would show how it appears.

Doesn’t do anything to build confidence in the brand.

slidey 285 posts

Why would you have confidence in the brand anyway if you were around to see the absolute gutting of their points value? 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.