Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Is there an OTA which will let you select the exact fare class you buy?

• Charles Martel 124 posts

Is there an online travel agent that allows you to select the fare class of the ticket you’re buying? I’d like to buy a Euro Traveller ticket that retains the ability to upgrade with Avios but the BA site and Expedia (the only OTA I can find that display the code) only seem to offer fares with O class tickets on at least one segment.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Not sure about online – but I’m sure someone like Trailfinders would be able to do that for you.

krisz 5 posts

Either you need to call BA and if that fare class is available for sale they can do it. Other option is to use some travel agents but again you need to call or visit in person. BA does show the booking class online however it’s not in the most obvious place. Other than my work TA where you can select some level of fare class (though not from all) I have no idea anything online can do what you need. You can give a try to select on BA that flexible ticket option (not the cheapest) however this sometimes goes all the way to the most expensive.

Lady London 2,040 posts

Good thinking Charles
    It’s always worth checking the fare difference between what you’re able to book online and next higher class or so if you have time. For surprisingly little fare difference much greater flexibility may be able to be obtained, for instance. Or you might find you could switch for small additional cost to a fare class which can be upgraded etc.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.