Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• LeeH 25 posts

I really want to stay with them. I’ve been a silver member for a while, now, and while that means I’m not as profitable as some, it shows they’ve kept my business. But today has been a nightmare. All I want to do is change the outgoing leg of a flight. I’ve called maybe a dozen times, got cut off because they’re too busy most of those times, and spent another hour and a half on hold, and been cut off after that, too. I could cancel and get an eVoucher, but the return leg is upgraded with Avios and I didn’t want to risk losing the CW upgrade. It’s bad enough that their online system can’t process this simple change, but worse that you can’t actually get through on the phone.

I’ll get through this booking, and then do a status match with Virgin, instead.

Cranzle 272 posts

I truly sympathise.

Have you tried calling various international numbers (should be very cheap through Skype etc).
    Many readers have had succuess getting through bycalling USA/India/Japan numbers.
    It’s unforgivable that these things cannot be done online in this day and age.

LeeH 25 posts

I ended up cancelling, though I’ve been sent a Future Travel Voucher: “Simply call us when you’re ready to book a flight…”

Simply???

And the email neglects to say what the value of the voucher is, and the Avios haven’t hit my account, yet.

I was expecting an eVoucher, which I’ve used in the past, online.

LeeH 25 posts

Have you tried calling various international numbers (should be very cheap through Skype etc).

No, but part of the problem was they had to transfer me through to the “upgrade with Avios team”, and every time they tried, I got cut off.

Gavin454 159 posts

I ended up cancelling, though I’ve been sent a Future Travel Voucher: “Simply call us when you’re ready to book a flight…”

Simply???

And the email neglects to say what the value of the voucher is, and the Avios haven’t hit my account, yet.

I was expecting an eVoucher, which I’ve used in the past, online.

You won’t get an evoucher, because your booking includes both cash and avios. Unfortunately they will both stay inside the voucher until you phone up to apply them to a new booking (the avios won’t be going back to your account)

ChrisC 956 posts

to paraphrase from the endless number of threads on FTVs

The voucher contains the avios and cash from your original booking.

Taking a voucher does not get you the avios redeposited they are wrapped in the FTV

e-vouchers are only for cash fares

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    strickers 658 posts

I spent four and half hours on the phone today just to use a FTV, shambolic.

Cranzle 272 posts

Is there a summary of various contact numbers available somewhere (UK and International) that can be used to try and get through to BA?

cabal of rabid baboons 108 posts

Have you given uo on Avios or just BA LeeH ?

LeeH 25 posts

Have you given uo on Avios or just BA LeeH ?

Just B.A., for now.

SteveJ 979 posts

Is there a summary of various contact numbers available somewhere (UK and International) that can be used to try and get through to BA?

All here, change the drop down to pick another country. And make sure you’re calling that countries Exec Club line to use a FTV

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/help-and-contacts/contact-us

steve07 3 posts

I’ve been trying for 6 hours to get a hotel booking cancelled , think I’ll use my existing 241 vouchers then not bother with BA anymore too much stress !
    I’ll just book flights on offer with other airlines when they come up instead

elguiri 216 posts

I found the only use of my 241 before it expires is on RFS to Madrid to then take iberia reward flights to south america. Fewer avios and less taxes, and actual availability.

m0deller 10 posts

I contact them via twitter these days. To cancel a booking did take the best part of a week .. but it worked AND because I made the first tweet to cancel within 24hrs (all time stamped) they gave full refund.

Cranzle 272 posts

If you’re on a trip, and you want to change your return flight, are you really expected to try and spend 4-7 days getting through to them (by which time you would have missed the return leg anyway)

BA are a joke

yonasl 953 posts

Same here, trying to call BA Holidays to book a flight and hotel and get some information. Have been cut 3 times already. Now waiting for more than an hour and nobody picks up.

I called JAL the other day and they picked up in maybe less than 2 min while apologizing for the “long delay on their lines”.

And all this is after their CEO saying he wanted to improve the levels of service.

ChrisC 956 posts

Is there a particular reason why you need to book over the phone?

There is plenty of advice already on here about booking onlune and then applying vouchers offline.

What other information are you after? You have a wealth of knoweledge available here to ask questions of before calling.

Mikeact 232 posts

I’ve started a list of those saying enough is enough with BA..no more.
    We will see if they stay true to their word.
    Last year, Anna kicked it off. Once she had used up her vouchers, that was it with BA.

Distichon 4 posts

I wish I could do that. But Virgin seems to fly to about 7 places in the world, of which maybe 1 is useful to me. And as far as the partnership with Delta goes, I have had extremely mixed experiences with them that can rival BA, so…

yonasl 953 posts

I wish I could do that. But Virgin seems to fly to about 7 places in the world, of which maybe 1 is useful to me. And as far as the partnership with Delta goes, I have had extremely mixed experiences with them that can rival BA, so…

Are Virign doing Status matches for BAEC?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.