Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Finding Virgin Atlantic A350 routes

• BenM 42 posts

Hi!
    I’ve got enough points for an Upper reward flight now and I’d love to go on an a350 and use the new upper suites.
    Thinking of going LHR to BOS and JFK to LHR in September. Outbound availability seems to be low in general, but my Q is:

Is there an easy (and free) way of finding which flights across eg a month, are scheduled to use an a350?

Cheers!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Richie 992 posts

The Virgin website details the registration details of their A350s, just put the registration details into flightradar24 to see what the current flights are.

Benilyn 150 posts

Don’t get your hopes up too much, they might change the planes
    Eg if you check @jamesasquith insta story on now, they did a plane change for his flight to US

The Savage Squirrel 571 posts

Don’t get your hopes up too much, they might change the planes
    Eg if you check @jamesasquith insta story on now, they did a plane change for his flight to US

Exactly this. For a flight several months away, the plane may change 5 times between now and flying depending on demand, viral developments, country restrictions and much else.

If you’re looking more than 3 weeks in advance then book somewhere you really want to go at a time that works for you. If it has the new seats when you board the plane then great, but that’s a bonus.

safetycard 70 posts

Constantly changing. Your best luck is the LAX or JKF route but mine have changed many times before flying including the day before. So you can’t be sure

sturgeon 193 posts

I’ve read that their new A350s have 14 or so UC seats instead of 44, which is concerning for rewards availability!

safetycard 70 posts

Only the leisure A350s have a smaller number of UC seats. The main ones are normal.

Richie 992 posts

I’ve read that their new A350s have 14 or so UC seats instead of 44, which is concerning for rewards availability!

Virgin Atlantic’s website clarifies the seating variations which should allay your concerns.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

The majority of A350s currently are the version with 44 Upper Class seats. At some point, the leisure A350s will mainly (or exclusively, as was planned pre pandemic) operate out of non-Heathrow airports.

The leisure A350s also feature ‘The Booth’ instead of ‘The Loft’: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/09/02/virgin-atlantic-the-booth-a350/

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Graviation 24 posts

I’m surprised and more than a little dismayed they’ve removed the A350 entirely from the summer schedule on the LAX route. Dreamliners only from March 27 on both daily flights, hence my future travel voucher arrived today!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.