Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• safetycard 70 posts

I’m trying to log into my account and it’s not letting me – is anyone else having issues? Is it currently down?

AndyGWP 275 posts

Span on ‘loading’ for a bit, then let me log in. Can view bookings, membership card etc so seems ok to me

(this is on website – not tried the app… not sure which you’re trying?)

safetycard 70 posts

Tried website on various browsers and app but nothing, weirdly I can log into my wife’s account, but not to mine or my kids.

davefl 1,220 posts

Essential maintenance banner when you’re logged in reads:

Sorry, you’ve caught us on the hop, and not just because it’s nearly Easter. While we’re doing some important spring cleaning behind the scenes, you won’t be able to join Flying Club, make a booking with points or access your account. We’re aiming to be back up and running on the 5th April, so we hope you’ll come back then. If it’s urgent, please get in touch with us here.

So they’re overrunning

safetycard 70 posts

Thanks – I didn’t see the banner

safetycard 70 posts

Back up and running now, although the milage availability that I’d found has of course now vanished by the time I was able to log in and book it.

Skywalker 699 posts

Can’t log into Shops Away – I get this message:

“No member could be found with the given credentials.”

But yet I can log in to VAFC account and see the same account with the same credentials.

Virgin has confirmed that they’re doing maintenance and some things are broken at the moment – they said ‘try again tomorrow’.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sprout 31 posts

<“No member could be found with the given credentials.>
    I.ve been trying to sign into shops away for the last couple of days and keep getting this error message. Is this still the case for you?

FREEFLIGHTS 54 posts

Yep, been like that for a few days now.

Sprout 31 posts

OK thanks. I was trying to see if there were any offers on for Morrisons in store at the moment. There seem to be offers from flying club and airtime that have been stackable with this in the past.

nwoody2001 25 posts

i appreciate many people are experience a range of issues with Fly Club but for me, i look at account/points activity and i see no activity on my account since Jan, even though i have a virgin CC and have been earning a couple of thousand points through CC spend every month this year… none of it is on my flying club account yet. has someone else experienced this?

Gary 293 posts

+1. No points update since after Jan. not bothered to chase as all points earned are documented on the credit card statement; although, could be an issue if needs the points to book.

Gary 293 posts

Although some posters did mention receiving theirs after Jan.

Youllnever 182 posts

i appreciate many people are experience a range of issues with Fly Club but for me, i look at account/points activity and i see no activity on my account since Jan, even though i have a virgin CC and have been earning a couple of thousand points through CC spend every month this year… none of it is on my flying club account yet. has someone else experienced this?

Where are you trying to view this? I can’t view recent point activity via the website nor the VS app, but if I go to the Virgin Red app > Account > Activity, I can see recent points being added to my account.

Bearing Up 54 posts

I haven’t been able to access my VAFC for days now, system just reports that they’re having a problem. Any suggestions, anyone know what’s going on?
    Cheers

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Just tried to log in, it’s saying my details are wrong but won’t let reset my password 😔

davefl 1,220 posts

Works fine for me, can see activity as well. Try an in private session/clear cookies/try a different browser

Bearing Up 54 posts

@davefl
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, a change of browser, going private or clear cookies etc wasn’t successful. Like NL it also states my sign in details are incorrect when I know they’re not. Can’t be bothered anymore, doing my head in-think I’ll just write/email a complaint and see what transpires!🤔

davefl 1,220 posts

@davefl
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, a change of browser, going private or clear cookies etc wasn’t successful. Like NL it also states my sign in details are incorrect when I know they’re not. Can’t be bothered anymore, doing my head in-think I’ll just write/email a complaint and see what transpires!🤔

Very odd sounds like they’ve just lost or locked a bunch of accounts.

I log in with email address/lastname/password. Are you doing that or FC number? I gave up on FC number a long time ago

Youllnever 182 posts

Can’t log into Shops Away – I get this message:

“No member could be found with the given credentials.”

But yet I can log in to VAFC account and see the same account with the same credentials.

Virgin has confirmed that they’re doing maintenance and some things are broken at the moment – they said ‘try again tomorrow’.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is it working for you now? Getting that same error for weeks now, and like you, specifically the Shops Away portal that doesn’t work. Also, how did you contact Virgin?

Bearing Up 54 posts

@davefl
    Yes exactly the same process and I’ve tried both FC no and email address. Totally baffling-neither app nor web site work. Think I’ll just uninstall and go to bed!

Youllnever 182 posts

Finally managed to login to Shops Away today! Looks like they’ve done some website redesign, which might have caused this issue.

Panda Mick 40 posts

I’ve been getting ERROR_MSG_@! when trying to either log in with Safari / Chrome on a Mac. Also get the same error when trying to reset my password.

Mobile app fine, iOS safari fine, Edge on Windows fine…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.