Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club free change of flight on day of travel – what is the minimum time required?

• Arnerd 7 posts

On economy plus tickets that allow free change flights on day of travel, at what point are alternate flights cut off from the options that are provided as free changes. I understand the change needs to be made at least 1 hour before the original flight but would I be able to switch to a flight that departs 1 hour from the time I make the change or would that flight not show up anymore as an alternative? Thank you!

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,092 posts

Let’s say your existing flight is due to depart at 13.00 and your preferred flight is at 15.00 you would need to complete the change no later than noon.

If the new flight is at 11.00 you need to complete the change and check in for it no later than 10.00.

Skywalker 700 posts

This is interesting! How do you make this change? Is this change done via the app, or do you have to call up to do this?

e14 261 posts

This is interesting! How do you make this change? Is this change done via the app, or do you have to call up to do this?

I’ve used both methods

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.