Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Free lounge passes

• Wally1976 188 posts

Hi all, I have had Barclays Premier and the Avios Plus Barclaycard for a couple of months now. I didn’t realise until I was reading some info last night that I should’ve received and email from DragonPass and 4 complimentary lounge passes.

I haven’t received anything from DragonPass so suggestions, please, on the best way to resolve this.

Carlos 758 posts

Get ready for even more more full lounges.. sounds like every TDH is giving out free passes

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

You don’t get them via email. You sign into the Dragonpass Premier+ app and the free passes show up in the membership tab (under the “dual rewards” heading)

Wally1976 188 posts

You don’t get them via email. You sign into the Dragonpass Premier+ app and the free passes show up in the membership tab (under the “dual rewards” heading)

Thanks, but to sign into the DragonPass Premier+ app, I need a membership number. Where do I get that?

George K 289 posts

Gah, I don’t have this ‘dual rewards’ heading at all (and I am indeed a dual rewards member). I just see ‘Your entitlements’ which reads ‘Barclaycard Avios Plus’ with Cardholder/Guest free pass showing zero.

I wonder who do I bug about this…

Scottpat78 245 posts

I’m the same. I am a dual rewards customer and receive the £5 credit to my bank account each month. When I am in DragonPass, my entitlements show 0 as a BarclayCard Avios Plus account holder.

No idea also how to go about sorting this out.

Gah, I don’t have this ‘dual rewards’ heading at all (and I am indeed a dual rewards member). I just see ‘Your entitlements’ which reads ‘Barclaycard Avios Plus’ with Cardholder/Guest free pass showing zero.

I wonder who do I bug about this…

Speedbird676 15 posts

I had an interesting conversation with somebody at Dragon Pass the other day.

I’ve had the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card since July 2022. I received the email from Barclaycard in October that Dragon Pass benefits were coming and subsequently an email from DragonPass with a membership number and instructions to sign up, which I did. I was able to use the app but never actually visited a lounge.

I opened the Barclays Premier Avios Rewards current account in November. Shortly before a trip in December, I tried to log into the Dragon Pass app to see what lounges were available at one of the intermediate airports on my trip – account suspended!

I emailed Dragon Pass but never received a response. Last week, I received a notification in my Barclays app that 4 free Dragon Pass lounge passes had been added to my account. Tried to log in to Dragon Pass – account suspended!

I called Dragon Pass – apparently, when I opened the current account, Barclays requested the closure of my existing Dragon Pass account and a new one be created. However, as part of the new account they didn’t provide an email or telephone number to Dragon Pass for them to actually tell me I had a new account. All sorted within a matter of minutes by a very helpful gentleman, who told me I wasn’t the first person he’d helped with this issue.

Yet another streamlined, customer friendly process from Barclays!

George K 289 posts

Sounds like Dragonpass should be our first stop. I’ll drop them a note and will update you with what I hear back!

Many thanks!

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Same here, I’ll call them, Barclays really take the biscuit!

George K 289 posts

An update. I sent off an email as I didn’t have the time to call, and while they haven’t actually replied, 7 days in I noticed that I now have four ‘Purchased passes’ on my account.

Still doesn’t sound like like the scenario that Dual Rewards is automatically recognised, but it looks like the problem has been kicked down the road for next year when I’ll be due another four passes.

Scottpat78 245 posts

Thanks George – what address did you contact please? I will do the same since I am still showing 0 passes.

George K 289 posts
    Scottpat78 245 posts

Thanks, I have messaged them.

Bee 8 posts

I called Dragon pass about 2 weeks ago – and apparently 2 accounts were set up for me and the one with the free passes had a dummy email address so I wasn’t aware of it. It required me registering my account on my app again after the agent had updated with my details. So I think it must be like that for a lot of people with the 2 profile Barclays issue.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

I called Dragon pass about 2 weeks ago – and apparently 2 accounts were set up for me and the one with the free passes had a dummy email address so I wasn’t aware of it. It required me registering my account on my app again after the agent had updated with my details. So I think it must be like that for a lot of people with the 2 profile Barclays issue.

Ours sorted on the phone, the agent said he had sorted 40 of the same problems that day!

George K 289 posts

BTW, has anyone looked into whether you can get a physical dragonpass card?

Scottpat78 245 posts

Reply overnight and all sorted….4 free passes now showing on my account.

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

Your data was sent over before the launch of the 4 free passes. In the meantime, another data file was sent over, and we have a new membership for you, that shows your 4 free passes and a renewal date of xx/xx/2023.

I have moved you email and mobile over to the new membership 7040 xxxx. Could you please log out of the membership 7040 xxxx and register with the new membership number.

PIL 98 posts

I tried via the contact us form in the website for the OH’s card last night and received a reply back with a solution this morning.

Carlos 758 posts

Cant see any email with the dragonpass, whom would be best to reissue this email as I cant register without a membership no.

Wally1976 188 posts

To update..I filled in the form at the link George K posted above and, after a bit of toing and froing (and a bit of insistence from me), this is now resolved. DragonPass were pretty quick at responding each time to be fair.

Thanks George!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.